• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bent recoil spring

Tom396

.30-06
After a search of this problem, I have discovered that many folks made the same mistake that I did. :D I tweaked the recoil spring while reassembling my Plinkster. Ironically, this wasn't the first time I had it apart for cleaning, just the first time that I screwed it up. :) The spring is back in now, after some careful straightening, but I really think I better shop for a replacement.

Think I can get a replacement spring from Mossberg without staying on hold for an hour? Do they do any part sales via the net, without having to get through on the telephone? Thanks and take care. Tom Worthington.

I haven't seen individual parts for sale on their site and it's hit or miss on the phone lately. However, we were recently given the name of one of Dan's contacts at Mossberg that has expressed a genuine interest in helping us out with CS issues. Shoot him an e-mail and he should get you fixed up...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Thanks! I've sent an e-mail and I'll let you know how it turns out. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Oh, and it's shooting just fine with the spring the way it is. I'd just rather have a spring that's "right". :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Holy cow. Sent me new springs for no charge. :) Thanks for the address and thanks to Mossberg customer service! Take care. Tom Worthington.

Hi, I'm really new to having a rifle. And as it turns out I bent the spring the very first time I tried to clean and reassemble it. Is the email I saw above in the post (jzakher@maverickarms.com) a good contact to try and buy a replacement? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Just thought I'd share that the e-mail address for Joe Zakher is still valid. I bent my spring the about two weeks ago when reassembling my gun after cleaning. I found this thread and e-mailed Mr Zakher. He had great e-mail communication with me and sent me two springs at no cost! Class act, both Mr Zakher and Mossberg. That e-mail address again is:

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

This experience is why I just bought my second 702 Plinkster. Nothing wrong with the first one, but you know the saying: Two is one and one is none. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back