• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best Trigger Lock for a Mossberg 500?

SG8

.22LR
I just purchased a Mossberg 500 (Talo Edition #52134) and I want to secure it. I already have a gun safe and just ordered GunVault's BreachVault. However, I want a trigger lock as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good trigger lock that will properly fit the Mossberg 500? I know trigger locks aren't the most secure, but there are so many options out there, it's hard to find one that fits a Mossberg 500 without any excessive movement that may move the trigger.

I found the Child Guard CS-100, which is adjustable, so I'll get a secure fit. However, it's plastic, so I was hoping to find something better.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

IMHO the best lock is the cable type that goes through the action. Just wrap some elec tape around it so it does not scratch the receiver.

The other types really work best if you can get the locking mechanism behind the trigger.

That makes sense about the locking mechanism being behind the trigger. Any suggestions on specific models of trigger locks that provide that in a Mossberg 500?

That makes sense about the locking mechanism being behind the trigger. Any suggestions on specific models of trigger locks that provide that in a Mossberg 500?
I am not aware of one. The trigger set very close to the rear of the trigger guard. The ones I have, work best on revolvers and some semi pistols with long trigger pulls.

I do not recall the particular brand of the ones I have. I think one was made by Master (same company that makes padlocks.)

I do not use them any more.

Back