• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BL-C(2)

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
anyone use/using or quit using Hodgdon BL-C(2) ?

.....picked up a pound because it seems like I run across a lot of data that always list it ......never have tried it yet

I've probably gone thru three pounds of it, mostly used it for medium charges and 55-gr FMJ ammo for training, in guns using either iron sights or red dots. I've never tried it for extreme accuracy testing using a scoped rifle. It's decent powder, and meters well. I think I still have on unopened bottle. I believe it's long been known for pressure spikes in high temps, and not recommended for really heavy .224" bullets, nor do I know anyone who pushes it at MAX charge weights. I think it's very similar to 748. It's dirtier than extruded stick single base propellants.

It would do just fine for that purpose. Burn it up my brother! Just don't get crazy on some high end loads during those OR summers where it can get pretty damn hot.

In your pistol it'll be dirty as hell. Stick to extruded single-based powders if you can.

I use it in all kinds of applications: 30-30 Win, 300 Sav, 308 Win, 7.62x39, 32 Win Spl, 35 Rem, 444 Marlin, & 45-70 Govt.

thanks RD, I think I might trade it off to a buddy for a pound of 3031.....he has a 308 this powder would do great in I bet

Oli have you tried the IMR 8208 XBR, it seems to get pretty good reviews. lot of people raving about it. It will probably be the next one i go searching for.

Oli have you tried the IMR 8208 XBR, it seems to get pretty good reviews. lot of people raving about it. It will probably be the next one i go searching for.
I have not even seen a bottle in person but I hear it's great

Back