• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Lock Pin

havoc7

Copper BB
Is replacing the bolt lock pin in my 500a something easy to do? I am not a gunsmith and want to know if this is an easy fix or should I take it to a gunsmith? Thank you!

Re: Blot Lock Pin

havoc7 said:
Is replacing the bolt lock pin in my 500a something easy to do? I am not a gunsmith and want to know if this is an easy fix or should I take it to a gunsmith? Thank you!

first out,,,,,welcome from NY.

what kind of problem are you having with the shotgun?

you can change the locking pin with a good punch.

Thanks for the welcome. I broke the bolt lock pin, sheared the end of it off, and need a new one installed.

Are you able to post a photo? :)
I would like to see what happened just out of curiosity

But Yes, a good punch should make the job relatively easy

Well, I'm trying to post a pic and don't quite know how to do it. When I click on the IMG button above I can't get a picture to attach. Any ideas?

This is what it does when I try to attach a picture.

You gotta upload'm into Photobucket or some other site... I've never been able to upload pictures from my desktop.

havoc7 said:

This is what it does when I try to attach a picture.

go to post a reply,,,click on upload attachment,,,,click browse,,,,click on the pic you want to post,,,,,click add the file,,,, click place inline,,,,click submit.

Thanks for the directions. Here is my sheared bolt lock pin!

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 148
any idea how it got sheared?
from the pic it dosen't look like a lot was sheared off.

Back