• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt lockin back

Bought a 715T a few weeks back, cleaned it and took it out and I was lucky to get two shot's out of it and then the bolt would lock back. After doing some research online I see this is a pretty common problem. I came across this (http://jeffstoybox.blogspot.com/2014/03/spontaneous-bolt-lock.html). I put in a email about getting a replacement charging handle. Why can't they figure these problems out? So far I'm not to impressed. If I can get it to fire a whole magazine with out locking back 10 times I would be much happier. Anybody else on here have this problem. This is my first post, wish it could have been better.

Well, I sent an email to the address in the link above and they were shipping me a new improved charging handle this morning. Pretty happy with their response and will be happier if it fixes the problem. Ordered one of those 10 round magazines to try out yesterday to. Found a mother lode of 22 ammo last Saturday. First time in along time I had choice of what kind and no limit. I ended up spending 140 dollars on 22 shells.

Here is my solution. Two 0-ring washer from the plumbing aisle rolled down the handle to fill the space between the handle and the plate. Similar solution to the Ziptie solution except this is better because the rubber rings will squish so you can still use the lock-on feature. My bolt was locking back after every shot. After this 'fix' it didn't happen once in over 500 rounds, even when rapid firing 25 shots in a row (I had 1 jam because of a broken bullet in 500). I was expecting to have to replace the washers frequently, but after 500 rounds they still look brand new.
DSCN1458.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd seen your post sask99 and I tried that and it did make it better but it kind of bothered me that you have to put an o'ring on a brand new gun. If this don' work I might go that route. It also bothers me that if you are looking at the front of the barrel and push on the plastic you can see quite a bit of movement in the gap between barrel and the front sight. I can see that causing sighting problems. I guess I need to find some small o'rings for the barrel.

Well I got the new charging handle tonight and put it in. They have shaved off the back side flush with the handle part coming out of the bolt. I guess anybody could do the same on a grinder. Hope to try it out this weekend to see if it's any better. I can't complain to much about their service so far.

Now I would like to know about the front sights. Does anybody else have a lot of play in plastic around the front of the front sight and the barrel. I have seen where people have put o rings around the barrel under the sight. I tried a small one and it was to much. If any body has done this what size are you using.

Okay I used a 3/4 X 9/16 X 3/32 O-ring washer after much trial and error and this size fits right in the groove of the front of the front sight and keeps it from moving everywhere like it was. Now if I could just make it out to see if it shoots.

I finally got to shoot it today. Put around 150 rounds through it and it did not lock back one time so I guess that issue is resolved. Now it is having a fte issue once in awhile. First 50 rounds went without issue.

Got another 25 round magazine the other day and went shooting today. 135 rounds and it ran perfect for the first time. Starting to feel better about this purchase.

Back