• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt locking back easy/cheap fix....

Wooddogg

Copper BB
...hi forum members.....i bought a gently used 715T carry handle and the first thing that happened after trying several different brands of ammo, different bullet weights, different hp's, round nose, etc was that the bolt would hang back every 1 to 3 shots....frustrating to say the least.

...after spending countless hours on-line, i found a fix that works great on most brands of ammo remington thunderbolts, cci mini mags, aguila round nose, but still believed that i could do better.

...i started off by using a zip tie wrapped under the rear of the bolt handle
, but they don't last very long...about 100 rds before they snap....

...then i found a post on the hi-point forum that i hope will work better....

...this poster said to buy some rubber "o" rings...size 205...3/8" outside diameter, x 1/4" inside diameter x 1/16"...

...he claimed that it has so far worked in over 250 rounds without any malfunctions, and it still allows the bolt to lock back when you want it to...

...i ordered some off ebay and will let you all know how it works when they get here in early may...

...i just love this rifle....i added a holographic sight, laser/flashlight, bi-pod/fore grip, short 10/22 muzzle brake, and cheek rest...totally killer look and function...

...thx for all your support & info on this great website.....wooddogg....

Last edited:
What exactly does the oring do?

What exactly does the oring do?
...you slip it over the bolt handle, very similar to what i've doing w/the zip tie, and it holds the handle away from the bolt so it won't lock back every shot or 2 when firing the 715t ....the zip tie trick has worked great for me and i can fire every brand, & bullet configuration i've tried flawlessly....can't wait to try this & see how it works...thx...wooddogg...

...you slip it over the bolt handle, very similar to what i've doing w/the zip tie, and it holds the handle away from the bolt so it won't lock back every shot or 2 when firing the 715t ....the zip tie trick has worked great for me and i can fire every brand, & bullet configuration i've tried flawlessly....can't wait to try this & see how it works...thx...wooddogg...

here's the link John...

https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/threads/mossberg-715t-spontaneous-bolt-locking.298841/

...update....bought a pk of ten today at lowes, $2.49......it took 5 of them to make the 715t run like it should (not just 1)...you can barely see them, but im happy that it runs smooth now....

Back