• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt not opening

i just replaced the stock and when I tried to take of the nut that holds on the stock,the recoil spring tube came off. I replaced all the parts per the diagram but now the bolt won't close. The recoil spring plunger looks backward on the diagram with the small part forward but I put mine back just as it shows. Is it possible to remove the barrel w the bolt in battery? Thanks in advance.

I don't own a 930 but I'm sure one of the 930 owners will chime in here soon and be able to help you.

The small end of the Recoil Spring Plunger goes into the tube first with the spring seated against the "Big End".. The small end has a cup in it that the "tail piece/rod from the bolt group inserts into. That is how the spring pressure from the recoil spring is transferred to the bolt.
By "In Battery" I assume you mean Locked into the chamber?? I cannot swear to it,,, because I am at work....... But I do believe the barrel will come off. You'll have to press the bolt release so the bolt can slide forward... But if it is in fact in battery,,,, you should only have to pull back on the bolt or pull back on the actuating sleeve under the fore grip to unlock the bolt.

Last edited:
Back