• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Brand New 590a1 Safety Switch Problem

DTL

I recently bought a brand new 590a1 and noticed the safety switch is extremely hard to push forward into the fire position. I basically have to put a towel over the safety before I move it to fire because it is so hard and it will basically tear the skin off my thumb. This is happening with both the action open and closed and it also happens with the trigger group removed. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

I had the same issue and it simply came down to wearing a Moto glove lol and working that safety hundred of times a couple days during the week.

It's much better now :)

Sent from a over priced hand held device

If you want an easier time, grab the ProMag PM262 metal safety. I got mine before I got the gun so I can't comment on my stock 590's stiffness but with the ProMag, it's stiff but not like what you're describing. Perfect amount of stiffness in my opinion. I stuck some FrogLube paste in under the safety & spring too. The ProMag sticks up a bit and gives you a nice biting area for gripping with your thumb.

When I first got mine I thought it was broken because the safety would not move to fire at all. I hit it with the handle of a screw driver and it moved, and from then on it has always worked, albeit a bit stiff. Not so bad that you need to wear a glove, but maybe a bit tighter than I'd like.

I did put on a glove and sit thru a few movies while working the safety a few hundred times, and it has improved ever so slightly.

You could give it some time to "break in" or just upgrade to another unit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Back