• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Breacher barrel for 8+1/20"?

You could always replace the magazine tube you have with a shorter tube + extension to make it work.

Not sure on availability of what you are looking for.

MikeD said:
You could always replace the magazine tube you have with a shorter tube + extension to make it work.

I'd rather have the capacity than the barrel. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too lol

adamsredlines said:
MikeD said:

I'd rather have the capacity than the barrel. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too lol

If you go with a shorter tube to match the lug then add an extension tube to get back to the 8+1 you will have both.

Have you thought about getting a barrel that is available in the length you are looking for and getting it threaded? Then doing something like this:

p_100004579_1.jpg

Just throwing other options out there for you.

Yes there is, but it was a distributor exclusive.

The 590 "American" comes configured as a cruiser with an 8rd tube and a 23" breacher barrel. It's a 20" parkerized heavy barrel with the 3" breaching tool added...

I've added a few goodies to it since the first pic...

Not sure if Mossberg sells these barrels separately, but you could always call and have them make you one. Should run you about $150 and was about a 4-6 week wait last time I checked...

This barrel uses the standard 5/40 thread, so any factory or aftermarket sight like the Meprolight will work just fine. The heat shield is a different story though. Mossberg's 590 breacher barrels are 590a1 heavy barrels, so you will need either the Mossberg factory 590a1 heat shield (part # 16335P) or the one from Aimpro...

Back