• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Break-in at my house

I know ther was a safe room post already. I'll do a quick pan and look for a thread. If one hasn't already been done, I'll start one tonight.

I am definately getting a life lesson on the subject myself. The best security is like an onion from what I am finding. The more layers between the BG and the "goods" the less likely they are to want to bother. No single thing is best, make one obsticle after another so they won't want to have to work so hard.

Lets face it, if they were willing to work for it, they wouldn't be stealing it.

Wow, I slacked in the forum this weekend and totally missed this. I am so sorry! Is there anything we can help donate to replace things that were taken? I mean, I know some things are irreplaceable or too expensive, but I'm willing to help if I can. So glad the fam is okay. Yall are in my prayers!

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Wow, I slacked in the forum this weekend and totally missed this. I am so sorry! Is there anything we can help donate to replace things that were taken? I mean, I know some things are irreplaceable or too expensive, but I'm willing to help if I can. So glad the fam is okay. Yall are in my prayers!

That is an amazing gesture and I am very grateful for the thought, but between insurance, friends and family I have been covered for all of the monetary needs so far.

At this point we just need time to get over the shock, shop for replacements of what was lost, and build the security "onion".

I have a sign that hangs in the living room that reads "The most important things in life aren't things." and that has proven truer than I thought. When we came home to an open door our first thoughts were that our cats had gone missing. Everyone is alive and accounted for (although not happy after police dogs cleared the home) and that was all I needed to breathe easier.

The drama with Allstate continues;

I have contacted them three times, been told that each number I am given "Is not the department to handle my problem and to call the main number again." My claim is now apparently closed and there is no reord of my complaint that I have ben waiting 48 hours "for a person to get back to me in 24-48 hours."

I have had to call IVR hell again and file ANOTHER complaint about both the rude treatment, the lack of coverage for the co-owner because of a clerical error that the agent refuses to fix, and responce and got a reference number (for all it is probably worth) for my new complaint.

I will be talking to the insurance commissioner about this one for sure.

I know I have a typo/spelling nightmare probably but I am too angry to go back and fix them...

Wow, when it rains it pours. I really hope you can get a solution soon. This must be hell for you and the fam. Again, if you need anything, just ask.

Back