• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

broken spacer in my 935 auto

greenthumb74

Copper BB
I have broken 3 spacers that go between the action return spring and the receiver of my 935 auto,my question is,is there any reason that said spacer can't be made of aluminum I have seen other autoloaders of similar design with a aluminum spacer in this same spot,so why did mossberg opt out for a plastic spacer which seems to break after every season of shooting the newer magnum waterfowl loads, my last trip I drove 5hrs for a hunt just to have it break and leaving me without a gun,other than this one issue I love my mossbergs all 9 that I own

Bummer. I've not had this happen in my 930 but I have not put a lot of heavy loads theough it. I've used it primarily for turkey hunting and I pretty much only get one shot.

I'll be getting a 935 here shortly so I am curious to hear if this is a widespread problem and what the solution is.

I have made a new aluminum spacer to take the place of the plastic one,I have heard of a few people having this problem now with the 935,on the up side all the people I have talked to with the 930 say that it is not a issue with this model,the problem seems to stem from the 3 1/2 inch magnum loads,I will post how it works out keep shooting

Back