• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Building Standard 930 to SPX specs

Thank you...I would really appreciate it...

Oh, and if its not too much trouble, could you take a pic of the inside of the forend as well? Did they put a bolt, washer, etc on the other side?

Thanks for the reply. As a followup ->

Heres a pic of the inside of the forend when I modified it for the MagPul Picatinny rail...

The sling mount doesnt go all the way thru... I hope this helps...

So....those two "washers" are part of the vertical light grip that you installed, correct? or is one the sling attachment?

If the sling attachment does not even pierce the inside of the foreend, there is no way that the sling attachment they sent would work as is...it would have to be dremeled down to size then installed....

Either way...it seems like it would need to be dremeled....even with a washer, so it only sticks up past the washer a tiny bit...

Rippspeed1...if one of those is the sling attachment, where did you get those washers? They came from the light grip, correct?

mackgriggs said:
Thanks for the reply. As a followup ->

Heres a pic of the inside of the forend when I modified it for the MagPul Picatinny rail...

The sling mount doesnt go all the way thru... I hope this helps...

So....those two "washers" are part of the vertical light grip that you installed, correct? or is one the sling attachment?

If the sling attachment does not even pierce the inside of the foreend, there is no way that the sling attachment they sent would work as is...it would have to be dremeled down to size then installed....

Either way...it seems like it would need to be dremeled....even with a washer, so it only sticks up past the washer a tiny bit...

Rippspeed1...if one of those is the sling attachment, where did you get those washers? They came from the light grip, correct?

The washers are for the picatinny magpul rail I installed. The sling doesn't even pierce the inside you have to cut it by half...

The washers came with the magpul picatinny rail... But you can easily find them at any specialized bolt store...

The washers are for the picatinny magpul rail I installed. The sling doesn't even pierce the inside you have to cut it by half...

Did you see the "cut it by half" somewhere else or are you guessing that would be about the right length?

If the sling attachment doesn't even pierce the forend, then not only would I have to ensure I drill precisely , but also cut the sling attachment bolt precisely....which, I doubt I could do correctly.

So....I might just give up on trying to attach it....and just buy one that goes between the forend and mag extension.

Thanks for your help though!

mackgriggs said:

Did you see the "cut it by half" somewhere else or are you guessing that would be about the right length?

If the sling attachment doesn't even pierce the forend, then not only would I have to ensure I drill precisely , but also cut the sling attachment bolt precisely....which, I doubt I could do correctly.

So....I might just give up on trying to attach it....and just buy one that goes between the forend and mag extension.

Thanks for your help though!

No problem... If you really want I could take mine off and measure it for you if you to be exact.

That would be awesome of you...but I don't want yours to get loose from removing and screwing it back in....do you think that would happen or would just some blue loctite fix that problem?

mackgriggs said:
That would be awesome of you...but I don't want yours to get loose from removing and screwing it back in....do you think that would happen or would just some blue loctite fix that problem?
Mack;

I'm gonna have to seriously apologize because I have gave you the wrong information... The front sling bolt does go all the way thru... I took all the pics ... I apologize for the mistake, brotha... hope this helps you out...

Out hole front sling by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Close up of hole inside by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Front sling hole 2 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Front sling 2 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Front sling by rippspeed1, on Flickr

mackgriggs said:
Very very helpful....thank you very much!
not a problem brotha. I do apologize for my lazyness and should have double checked before giving you the wrong info... Wont happen again

6373044913_6a8f209f59_z.jpg
I, after reading this post got a 930 Home Security model and carefully researching priceing and different manufactures, I used all Mossberg parts and spent a total of $268.00 not including shipping.

1 930 H/S $470.00
2 High viz front sight and barrel $155.00- P/n 18449MT
3 Rear grs by LPA $68.00-P/N 18446MT
4 Choate ext. mag tube $25.00-P/N 18443MT
5 Charging knob $20.00-P/N 19297
6 SPX spring $4.00- P/N 18450

Everything now works the way it should.

Back