• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bullet for .270?

Just a question for those of you who own a Patriot .270.
What ammo/bullet do you use for deer hunting?
I have seen a comparison between a Mossberg Patriot and a Savage Axis. The Savage showed a bit more accuracy than the Mossberg.
So far, I have found the same thing, although I got a one shot kill with the first shot of my newer Patriot (see photo thread).
I did not expect sub minute accuracy out of the Patriot, just hunting accuracy, but it would be helpful to know what others use either factory ammo or reloads.

Thanks

Speer Grand Slam 150-gr bullet for larger deer.

Congrats on your successful hunt!

Just a question for those of you who own a Patriot .270.
What ammo/bullet do you use for deer hunting?
I have seen a comparison between a Mossberg Patriot and a Savage Axis. The Savage showed a bit more accuracy than the Mossberg.
So far, I have found the same thing, although I got a one shot kill with the first shot of my newer Patriot (see photo thread).
I did not expect sub minute accuracy out of the Patriot, just hunting accuracy, but it would be helpful to know what others use either factory ammo or reloads.

Thanks
I’ve had good success with both Winchester XP 130 gr mostly use these. Or the pricy Hornady EDLX 140 gr. , group inside an inch at a 100 yds

Back