• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buyers Remorse

LOL...really loud too!

Women do recognize reality but sometimes you have to beat them over the head with it.

My wife is 5' tall and owns a 500 Youth Bantam in a 20 guage. At this point, the only reason she doesn't like it is because she doesn't shoot clay targets as well as me and my son. lol Other than that, it's a great fit and she handles the recoil with ease. The most important thing when we were looking for her is that I let her decide on what she wanted.

Dont let the title fool you: we brought our 54303 20g to the range for the first time and it fired like a dream out of the box with no feed or ejection errors

*But*

Wifey hated the recoil. After two shots she handed it back and said she was done. I had problems with my cheek weld and it felt like i was getting a slap to the jaw every shot but that wouldve gone away with practice but with her, well, i know she was disappointed which means im disappointed aswell

So, I'm thinking what i shouldve purchased was the 410 Home Defense model especially after being quite suprised at the variety of load outs for 410.

That model is available in my area and for $100 cheaper than my 20g but what to do with my 20g? Im new to owning firearms so what are my options? Step one is see if the site i bought it from will accept returns or exchanges but if they dont? I put ten rounds through it so its now used would i have to take it to a shop or gunbroker or something? Jist looking for general advice here

Bonus questions: does that funky spreader choke on the 410 HD allow one to fire slugs without issue? Also, can that choke be removed or is it integral to the barrel?

Thanks all
Was the kick bad? I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend, she can shoot my 12g for about a half hour then it starts to catch up with her.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back