• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cam pics

Oh dear Lord yes. Kudzu has been encroaching on the property since the road was built in the mid 1940's. It will over take entire homes.

We have started seeing it pop up near our graveyard in the last few years. And we've never had it on our property until then. I guess seeds spreading or birds pooping them out or something????

Non-diluted Glysophate has been taking care of it so far but we have to be vigilant. In addition to tying chains around the roots and pulling them up with a pickup.

Oh dear Lord yes. Kudzu has been encroaching on the property since the road was built in the mid 1940's. It will over take entire homes.

We have started seeing it pop up near our graveyard in the last few years. And we've never had it on our property until then. I guess seeds spreading or birds pooping them out or something????

Non-diluted Glysophate has been taking care of it so far but we have to be vigilant. In addition to tying chains around the roots and pulling them up with a pickup.
Another great gift idea funded and approved by uncle sam and UofF to "feed cattle" hmmmm thanks.

Sorry for crappy but im literally in a tree taking a picturr of my tablet with my phone ?? To share a couple pictures :
1. Yes Virginia smart deer DO look up and Do check stands !!!! So put em out early or brush em in good or both!! We did neither here
2. Hmmm its time for the young button buck to leave momma alone thats just not right Ive been watching him grow for 3 months now still with mom.20180919_173708.jpg 20180919_173817.jpg 20180919_173924.jpg

Cam i havent checked in a while, pretty cool a young buck is actually decided to SLEEP directly in front of camera, about 400 pics of this fella LOL guess my scent control is good enough. EnjoyIMG_20181018_103807_01.jpg IMG_20181018_103802_01.jpg IMG_20181018_103756_01.jpg

I got some video of a pretty big bear standing up on its' back legs marking its' territory (scratching) the tree beside of my camera. Wish I could upload it. I'll try to see if I can upload it to youtube. It's pretty neat, despite only being about 20 seconds long.

Super cool John
I never hunted bear, ive eaten bear was just fine by me. I know some people that do hunt them just never was on my list. That said if kids/grandkids around and territory dispute i may would be persuaded. There is a population in N Ga large enough that they have somr hunting.

The pics you guys have are fascinating. Here in northeast OK we have hogs in every county. The ranchers and farmers hate them and welcome folks to hunt them. I haven't, but it's on the list of things to do.

Bears also inhabit some of the hills in the very eastern part of the state along the AR border. If they are other areas I don't know about them.

The pics you guys have are fascinating. Here in northeast OK we have hogs in every county. The ranchers and farmers hate them and welcome folks to hunt them. I haven't, but it's on the list of things to do.

Bears also inhabit some of the hills in the very eastern part of the state along the AR border. If they are other areas I don't know about them.
Hogs fill freezer quick, best part of a hog tastes exactly like pork ;). Anf its FUN !!!!!! Go git some.

Just be careful while processing the meat and cook it thoroughly. Avoid Souse at all costs from wild hogs. I'd rather eat wild hog than bear. A bears' diet is about like a buzzards. Only nastier. Bears are mostly worthless. I really wouldn't even want to cover up with an old stinky bear blanket to be honest. If you've never been close to one, they smell like an old barn (in other words, real shitty).

Id say we kill what some would say alota wild pigs in Fla, Ga and Alabama ive run across a few we let the coyotes have, but for the most part its been good groceries. Always take care like John said when cleaning i always were elbow length cleaning gloves as im usually pretty cut up on arms from briars and such. I know LOTS if hog slayers never know anyone have an issue but safe is smart. Bag em and tag em !!!!20171006_180336.jpg

Not relevant to the OP, but to bears.... I was the first person in a Skype meeting the other day and then one of our US suppliers joined the meeting.. I know him as we've talked about guns and shooting in the past.
It turned out that he was joining the meeting from his mobile phone, as he was out in the woods, bear hunting with a crossbow..!!
I hope he had something loud and large calibre as back-up..

20181105_115010.jpg 20181105_114914_HDR.jpg our rut is in full swing never saw this big boy before. Seen several bucks chasin in fields last few days. 45726016_2170810456264420_5484213950369234944_n.jpg Chase finally took Super Wide yesterday at the black creek !!! Only took 3 years !!!!!!! Yup 3 years same deer cat n mouse, that one hour TV show 5 monster deer every sit dont seem to work for us regular folks.

Back