• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

I'm done with my camo wrap project for now. Lots of options to add color by tying stuff to it. I have a couple other burlap colors like orange and red to match changing leaves. Also have white and lots of the green and brown left that can be tied to the white.

IMG_0482.JPG

Got bored and gave some ATAC's love to my 45 today. What is there to like about fifteen rounds of 230 gr HP's on tap?

Everything.

atacs%20sarsilmaz%20k245_zps5yvs8mj9.png

Nicely done Sir!

looks cool!
I can totally see that for a place that has slick brush, or more opinish country....
I have a friend that uses and loves guile suits but man the brush is a pain, just leaves chunks of guile suit behind lol
that thing would pack up with stickers and burrs in the summer
Bet it works good where you live though

Updating for the change in seasons. This stuff comes off easy enough or I can add a little more color if it's needed. I have jute twine and burlap and a couple other things like the colored scrim in baggies in my backpack. I apologize, I took the pic on my kitchen table and not outside, the snow we had was mostly melted by the time I did this.

IMG_0745.JPG

Last edited:
After trying to love it, only to find out that I hated it, I pulled the Strike Industries viper stock that I had been using on my lightweight coyote rig. Just had too little surface contact with my shoulder for my taste.

So, back to an old faithful stock.

tree bark camo 001.JPG

Attachments

• tree bark camo 003.JPG
    tree bark camo 003.JPG
    602.7 KB · Views: 11
Just the stock. The tube was already done.

I only used the buffer tube to hold the stock while I was dipping it so my fingers didn't affect the camo dip.

The strike industries stock?

I'm pretty sure it's a commercial. If you're interested in it, I'll give you a deal and will measure for sure. Shoot me a PM so we don't hijack the topic too bad.

Edit: It's a milspec diameter. I sent you a PM

I know I've spoken about naturalgear camo before. It's been my favorite camo pattern of all time for at least the last 25 years. I've used a lot of different camo's during that time, but for my woods, I keep coming back to it.

So, my test subject is a plastic Ruger 10/22 stock since I may start using it for fall squirrel.

A little note about this stock. The rear portion of it is hollow and it won't sink down into the water or the dip on its' own. I wasted 2 1/2 hours trying to fix it with multiple dips, only to make it worse every time I dipped it. That wasn't a fault of the film by any means, but I had no idea there was a huge air pocket in the back of the stock, so after getting totally disgusted and ticked off, I took a break to eat, and sanded it down and started all over again from scratch.

In knowing how the stock was going to react to being dipped the next time around, I changed the way I normally do things so I could forcefully push the stock through the film and underwater for adhesion.

This time, I'm pleased and content with how it turned out.

natural gear snake 011.JPG

natural gear snake 007.JPG

From their website:

https://www.naturalgear.com/Science.aspx

turkscr.jpg

That looks good.:cool:
Thanks, John. Tan base coat with green and brown shot in light layers over the tan. I used net vegetable bags and long leaf pine needles to create visual patterns. I gave the gun to my daughter so she could hunt deer. With my hand loads it would shoot .5 MOA all day. Hated to part with it, but my shoulder couldn't hold up to shooting a couple hundred rounds on a range day with the .30-06. Switched over to .308 and built a Savage rifle to my liking. Not quite as good a shooter as the Remmy, but it holds at .75 MOA.

I understand. Least it went to a good home.

I got rid of all of my '06's too.

Have a 308, hardly ever shoot it. I'm not able to do much with it anymore either to be honest.

It looks good, really nice work!

Some photos of the savage please and thank you!

I recently noticed a new camo pattern that intrigued me.

Well, I've never seen anything like it. Tru Timber is marketing it as the Strata. It has the perfect blends of greens, tans, and even a few blacks thrown in, and with all different shades imaginable.

I took it out side to get a few pictures of the receiver and scope that I have completed so far and was taken aback by how the colors blend from the difference between direct sunlight and shade.

In shade, it almost disappears. Unlike some camos that look really good close up, but stink at blending in at a distance, this camo seems to do well at both so far from what I can tell.

I guess a couple of pictures are worth a thousand words. Here it is so far on my Savage FVSR receiver and scope. (I haven't done the stock yet--need to wait until it's warmer so the film is easier to work with--hoping it warms up enough this evening to finish dipping it.

strata 006.JPG

The "depth" of the pattern up close is amazing.

strata 013.JPG

These two pictures show the difference between direct sunlight and shade, on the same parts.

strata 024.JPG

strata 010.JPG

That’s crazy the amount of depth in the color and pattern! Good find!

Back