• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can anyone help identify a blade?

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
This one has thrown my father in law for a loop for sometime. I need to get pics yet.

Its a German folder with a lock back and it used to be black. The handle is all metal and is stamped "K55K" only the second "K" is backwards. It also has what appears to be a puma or tiger above the stamp. The only thing looking like a makers mark is "Mercator-Germany", the blade is stamped "Solingen Germany". There is also a metal ring in the end of the handle to attach to a hook or clasp we're told and the story as best we understand it is that it is consistent with knives issued to WWII german soldiers. Not able to confirm this at all though.

Thanks in advance!

That is indeed the knife! Thanks for lookin into that!

Since posting this, I've been diggin around too, my father in law said he couldnt find anything on it.

Aparently it was a very popular knife for some time, and popular enough it was duplicated and conterfeited, much like designer hand bags, purses, clothing and shoes are now. You know the kind you buy out of the back of a truck at a flea market for $12.

The originals are all carbon steel and have a red end cap. Duplicated knives have a stainless blade and pins with a black end cap.

My father in laws knife is most definitely carbon steel and has the red end cap and is not nearly in the condition of the one in the link you posted, though the handle was originally black. It looks more like this now but his still has the lanyard ring;

german_pocket_knife-65332306067705580.jpg

anytime....i have lots of time on my hands since i've been laid off....

ripjack13 said:
anytime....i have lots of time on my hands since i've been laid off....

Hang in there man! I was in the same boat for nearly TWO years, just short by about 2 months. Hard findin a position doin what you know. I had to start lookin outside my realm of knowledge and find something that resembled what I was doin...

Back