• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Central Florida New Guy

06rkguy

Copper BB
Greetings everyone... I am an avid firearms owner however I no longer hunt. I just really enjoy going to the range. I have inherited a 12 gauge shotgun from my late father that was sold by Western Auto back in the 60's and is called a Revelation 510A. After doing some online research I discovered it to be a Mossberg 510A. It is in descent condition and I would like to do some skeet and trap shooting with it, however, the barrel is somewhat pitted. I would like to either re-blue the barrel, or better yet, replace it with a new one. I'm not sure but from what I have read I can use any barrel from the 500 series Mossbergs? This is my first pump shotgun so please excuse my inexperience. Any help would be appreciated.

Your question is a bit beyond my knowledge base but I know there are others here that can help.

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum 06rkguy !!

Not real sure if a barrel from the Revelation (Western Auto) 510A made in the 1960's can be swapped out with any current Mossberg 500 barrel...

...but we'll see as more members view this post ! ;)

Hi! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

I'm not familiar with the differences between models over the years, I'm cautious to even speculate...

BUT! I know who would know! Victor and Cheryl Havlin of Havlin Sales!

Heres the link to their site, there is contact info to either call or email;
Havlin Sales

Welcome M8! Sounds like you have a lead on your question. A call to Mossberg may get you something as well as will finding a shop, gunsmith or friend with a barrel that you can compare and test fit.

I have a lot of family in FL and have spent considerable time around the state - I used to run 41 to Naples a good bit and always stopped for frogs legs along the way. What a great bump in the 'glades! :shock:

Welcome aboard!

+1 on the Havlins. If anyone can get you sorted out, it's them. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your 510A and any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the site!

Howdy 06rkguy, and welcome to the club!

Welcome to the site. How about posting some pictures of the gun maybe against a yard stick? Just so we can know what you have that is unfamiliar to most of us. Check out some videos on YouTube about Blue Wonder. It does wonders with old rusted barrels. A little bit of work might have it looking close to original. I'm getting ready to do my third barrel with this stuff.

Back