• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chicago:– woman fatally shoots man trying to rob her

Scoop

.30-06
Chicago, IL – A woman fatally shot a man who was trying to rob her at a bus stop Tuesday morning in Chicago’s Fernwood neighborhood, Chicago police said. The shooting and attempted robbery occurred at a bus stop in the 500-block of West 103rd Street at about 6:15 a.m., police said.

The incident was captured by surveillance video.

LINK to videos [Go to second story]

The victim, a 25-year-old woman, was waiting for her bus when a 19-year-old man attempts to rob her at gunpoint. The woman, who has a conceal carry license, was armed as well. Surveillance video shows as they struggle, she pulled out her gun and shot him in the neck.

The suspect took off running down the street and she ran in the opposite direction. Police found him and transported him to Christ Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Neighbors in the area say they are proud the victim protected herself.

“It’s tragic that he did die, but the lady had to do what she had to do,” said neighbor Bianca Daniel. “She’s on a bus stop, probably going to work, you know, and she has to encounter that early in the morning. I’m kinda of proud that, like, that’s what she did because she stuck up for herself.”

Those who know the area well say it’s unfortunate someone was killed, but the victim had the right to fight back.

“I’m glad that she had concealed carry and good aim, because there is so much going on in these streets,” said one neighbor.

The man has been identified to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office as Laavion Goings. The woman suffered a minor injury, but is expected to be okay. Area South detectives are investigating, though they said no charges will be filed.

Good for her. I'll avoid the snarky comments about having a gun in Chicago, I didn't think it was allowed. But seriously, I'm glad she's okay and I'm glad more people are exercising their right throughout this country.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

This hits close to home for me for a few reasons. First, I'm a citizen who lives in Chicago's south suburbs. Yes all guns are allowed in Chicago since, an old man got in trouble for defending his home with a pistol, which was illegal at the time. He sued the city, because pistols were only illegal in Chicago, not all of Illinois. Also his gun was legal and registered. Needless to say, he won. Now we can have any type of semiautomatic weapon that we choose. Second we legal gun owners get the bad end of the stick with gun laws in Chicago. Bad guys have fully automatic weapons. Meanwhile I'm criminalized for having a foregrip and laser sight on my lever gun, or pump action shotgun. Third and most important I've pulled my gun in self defense. Gratefully the cops were pulling up seconds later, so no one was shot. There's alot of bad people on this planet. There are also alot of good people with guns. Don't criminalize us America. It's our right!!

Last edited:
Back