• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Choate Magazine Extension +2

SHTFAR15

About 2 months ago I bought the choate mag extension +2 for my 930. Followed the instructions, failed to feed. Posted a YouTube video and got a bunch of comments on cutting down the aftermarket spring until the the thing cycled properly to putting in the factory spring...well I bought another and tried the cutting down the spring thing, still didn't work, put in the factory spring, it cycled great!

Here to say, if you buy the choate mag extension, at least the +2 just throw away the new follower and spring and use the factory stuff!

I installed a 10 round (+4) tube for my Winchester 1300 and it worked great.

I did use the factory follower because it seemed to work better, but I used the new spring.

It has worked well so far in this configuration, but I remember reading on the box to not leave it loaded for more than 2 years or something along those lines, which has not been an issue for me since I don't leave that gun loaded ever anyway.

Back