• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Clean your Mossberg 500 every 200 rounds

I'm one of those that was always taught if you shoot you clean. All of my guns with the possible exception of my 10/22 get cleaned as soon as I get home from the range. Rather spend the extra few minutes smelling the CLP and be sure it'll go bang when I need it to.

But all of our mossbergs have seen 100s if not thousands of rounds without cleaning and they go bang everytime! :)

Yes and mine probably would too, but, then you miss out on on the aromatic bliss of being covered in CLP and Hoppe's,... :twisted:

They should do a little more reformulation and repackage CLP as an aftershave/cologne. I'd buy it. I love that smell. So does my daughter.

HAHA!! That might be taking it a bit far! :p It does smell good but it is like Gasoline and other various abrasives! It only smells good in small amounts and every so often :)

If you smelt it all the time it would become a regular scent throughout your day and you would become used to it and not notice it as much... Kind of like my Dirty Dishes ;) haha Just Kidding

I'm going to be smelling it A LOT for the next few days! Going tomorrow to get a Mosin Nagant for $90 :D HELLO COSMOLINE!!

Itsricmo said:
I'm going to be smelling it A LOT for the next few days! Going tomorrow to get a Mosin Nagant for $90 :D HELLO COSMOLINE!!

I have not cleaned cosmoline in a long time. Hot Summer heat helps as heat gets it to melt. :D The cheap priced, but built like tanks Mosin Nagant rifles are excellent at going boom :mrgreen: They just have that cool milsurp factor of being carried by a WWI Soldier, WWII Soldier, and or both if it is old enough. That 7.76x54R round is very hard hitting. In all intellectual honesty most likely the gun that really beat the German Army. :?:

Hey Rick,

Boiling water will work best getting the cosmoline off the disassembled bolt, action, and other metal parts. I usually drop everything that'll fit in a pot and watch the gunk rise to the top. It doesn't take long at all. Just wipe the parts down and drop 'em again if necessary. Dry everything thoroughly when you're done, then you're ready to lube and reassemble. It'll save the CLP for after your range trip. For the stock, you can heat it with a hair dryer and wipe off the cosmoline with a rag or old shiry as it reaches the surface...

Here is something interesting... I was denied the Mosin Nagant... I was the 1st person in line for 3 hours...

Because, my address on my License didn't match what I wrote down they denied me the purchase. I took in a change of address card from the DMV and proof of me living there, Rental Agreement and Electric Bill, they still denied me... :eek: is this something new or just Dunhams? The guy said it is "Policy" so I figure just the Chain of Stores

Yep, Roger That! I did purchase a new sewing machine though to make those pouches and my own vest if I get the hang of it... RIGHT NOW it is just pissing me off because the thread keeps exploding and I cannot get it too actually SEW... My mother is being of no help haha

Itsricmo said:
Here is something interesting... I was denied the Mosin Nagant... I was the 1st person in line for 3 hours...

Because, my address on my License didn't match what I wrote down they denied me the purchase. I took in a change of address card from the DMV and proof of me living there, Rental Agreement and Electric Bill, they still denied me... :eek: is this something new or just Dunhams? The guy said it is "Policy" so I figure just the Chain of Stores

I just bought a 500 Veterans Day Weekend. I had a similar issue. My DL doesnt have my current addy on it. I was able to show my Vehicle Regestraition (State Doc) of my current addy (The one I wrote down), and they did it that way. Hope it helps.

Frank

Well I ended up getting another item for another purpose. Once I figure it out I am sure it will pay out better in the end haha

Thanks for the Idea though!
Welcome to Mossberg Owners from Central, Pa!!

Back