• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cleaning of Gas Tube

mark.kottka

Copper BB
Hey you Krazy Kids. My 930 is having a bogger of a time w/ cycling; upon firing it will skip a cycle causing me to manually cycle. Does not matter what type of ammo since day one. The extractors look fine, thinking gas tube needs to be cleaned? Thoughts please. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soak your piston in a good penetrating oil (I use marvel Mystery Oil, from Wally World). You can use bristled pipe cleaners for the ports, but these are probably a more cost-effective solution: https://iosso.com/clean/products/ar-rifle-gas-tube-brush-refill-2-pack/ Same deal, dip the brush in oil, and scrub the ports. Once everything has been soaked & scrubbed, wipe off, and degrease with carb & choke cleaner. My experience is that the 930 works MUCH better using dry lube, with just a dab of grease on the receiver rails.

Remove the forend and see if the piston moves freely by hand. If it is getting jammed either the gun is crazy dirty, or your gas cylinder isn't perfectly aligned.

Back