• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CO2 being used as fuel

That is an interesting article. I wonder how much the fuel would cost by the time it got to the consumer. I guess it doesn't matter what it costs as it will it would probably not happen whilst I am still on this earth.

Don't know.

Bismuth is kinda expensive but it would depend on how much fuel you could obtain while using it to see what the tradeoff would be.

Also, I thought bismuth was slightly radioactive.

edit: Yep.

weakly radioactive: its only primordial isotope, bismuth-209, decays via alpha decay with a half-life more than a billion times the estimated age of the universe.

What about all the poor plants that will surely be mistreated and emprisoned to fullfill C02 requirements for this? I can feel their screams of sorrow!!!

You guys realize that we could distill fuel from soybean oil? It's totally renewable and there's no radioactivity involved. It's not economically feasible because California can't get the water to the Central Valley to grow in a good enough crop.

If the processing can be done with solar energy it could well be feasible, because we get a lot of sun here.

My only objection is I hate soybean oil in salad dressing because I think it makes the dressing taste like dirt.

But I would have no problem driving an oil powered car.

Back