• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Common sense hunting law

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Was reading through the laws in my state and saw this jewel.

KRS 150.710 Intentional obstruction of lawful taking of wildlife.
(1) No person shall intentionally obstruct or disrupt the right of a person to lawfully take wildlife by hunting, trapping, or fishing.
(2) The Attorney General or any person directly affected may bring an action to restrain conduct unlawful under this section and may bring an action to recover damages.
(3) The officers of the Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, or any other peace officer, police officer, state police officer, or sheriff may enforce this section.
(4) This section shall not apply to incidental interference with the taking of wildlife by hunting, trapping, or fishing caused by lawful activities including, but not limited to, farming, mining, or recreation.

yeah, I've seen a lot of videos of folks like that doing that.

Thankfully, we don't have any of that here locally, but it's good to have laws that supports hunters.

I believe all 50 states have a similar law. I know here in California we do, which shocked the hell outta me.

Funny story. My dad and I were standing on the side of the road, looking at maps for an area. A truck drove by, the driver just laying on the horn. We just waved and yelled “Thank you!” As he drove by. Not realizing he had his windows down or heard us, we continued with out maps. He came back rather quickly, still on the horn until he stopped at our trucks. “Why did you thank me? I’m scaring the deer away” he said. My dad replied faster than I could blink an eye. “I said thank you because when you scare them, they move. When they move I see them. When I see them I shoot them.”
Needless to say, that guy stopped honking as he drove aimlessly up and down the road. Last I heard was they have all stopped honking and now vandalize vehicles they deem to be hunters vehicles. Dads buddy had his truck egged and the tires flattened one day.

I wonder how far one of those "run flats" would go with a 20 inch arrow with a rage tip hanging out of the side of it. Payback could be a b!t(H

The problem as I see it, the laws are only enforced minimally. They always seem to go in front of some liberal judge that let's them off with what amounts to less than a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, for the most part, it’s the equivalent to a parking ticket. Like a $50 fine and a “don’t do this again” kinda thing. Now, if they actually get caught vandalizing a vehicle, that could be fun.

Back