• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Comrade Cuomo Is At It Again

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Here is a new low for New York's comrade Cuomo. He wants to permit schools to go to court to have the guns removed from the homes of troubled students. The left really hates the Constitution and wants us to be punished for something that we didn't even do. They want to change "innocent until proven guilty" back into "guilty until proven innocent". Once that shift is made then it's an easy road for them to make the criteria to remove guns easier and easier.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants to allow teachers to ask a judge to remove guns from the homes of troubled students.

The Democrat said on Tuesday that he will introduce the idea as legislation. He acknowledged it will face criticism from Republicans.

Under the measure, teachers and school administrators would have legal standing to petition a court to remove any firearms from the homes of students considered a threat to themselves or others.

Teachers unions say it's a better way to prevent school shootings than arming teachers.

Cuomo's proposal isn't likely to pass the Republican-led state Senate, especially with only two weeks before lawmakers adjourn for the year.

The governor also wants to raise the minimum age to buy firearms from 18 to 21.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

I have a little better of an idea. Instead of the revolving door school policies that are currently in place, if a student is too unruly and troubled to be in school without endangering other students, kick them out and make them go to military school or to juvenile centers where they'll probably end up in anyway.

My wife taught kindergarten for 30 years and she always said she could tell which ones were going to end up in reform school.

The problem is, in California, everything in the world is more important than your child's education. If people are offended that's more important. If people want to protest that's more important. If people think you're too uninterested in their particular cultural group, their gay or lesbian or transgender status, or their propensity to care for any particular Oddity under the sun, your child's education will take a backseat to the chaos they create.

All this No Child Left Behind BS was nothing more than BS. Every new curriculum was more poorly implemented and less useful than the previous one. The most important public decisions made by our school board were which pussy Grabbers to get rid of.

Children were routinely promoted without regard to their skill level but only to the economic realities that children "Left Behind" would cost the school money.

Meanwhile ABC NBC MSNBC CBS and the rest of the BS are providing the education that your child really gets. The one that he remembers.

Here is a new low for New York's comrade Cuomo. He wants to permit schools to go to court to have the guns removed from the homes of troubled students. The left really hates the Constitution and wants us to be punished for something that we didn't even do. They want to change "innocent until proven guilty" back into "guilty until proven innocent". Once that shift is made then it's an easy road for them to make the criteria to remove guns easier and easier.
I am loathed to even make a legitimate response to this idiocy. However, no offence to any school teachers here but I have several in my family and know a number of others quite well. Like any cross-section of society...there are winners and losers. I know of enough losers in the teaching profession to make me scream “OH HELL NO!” to this stupidity.

I would be absolutely LIVID if that were to happen to me.

My question is, if the child (or adult) is removed from school, do you get your guns back, or this is just another thinly vieled excuse just to illegally take peoples property again?

I'm thinking it's the latter.

My question is, if the child (or adult) is removed from school, do you get your guns back, or this is just another thinly vieled excuse just to illegally take peoples property again?

It the latter. Definitely.

I am loathed to even make a legitimate response to this idiocy. However, no offence to any school teachers here but I have several in my family and know a number of others quite well. Like any cross-section of society...there are winners and losers. I know of enough losers in the teaching profession to make me scream “OH HELL NO!” to this stupidity.

If you noticed, it was a teachers union person that commented about armed teachers. The teachers union is very much in bed with liberal ideals, especially in the large metro areas. Also, I agree just like anywhere we have good and bad teachers.

1-2 years to get guns back which are confiscated without due process in NY. And that's with a lawyer pressing the police to release the items.

When the SAFE Act was placed in effect they illegally confiscated a man's firearms because they thought he was taking psychotic medications. Turns out it was the wrong guy and he spent a year getting his guns back.

https://www.nyaprs.org/e-news-bulle...mit-to-major-mistake-in-gun-confiscation-case

This place. I need to leave.

I'm running out of words to comment on such idiocy.

Hete, If they take your guns, for whatever reason, you have to pay transfer fees to get them back. . . .After you petition the court and they Grant you the right to have them again.

It's the state wants to have crazy people running around creating havoc, the way to create them is to subject ordinary humans to this kind of Injustice.

Back