• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

tomservo92 said:
That's close to where I carry my XD service. I carry it a little more toward my right hip (4 o'clock).

I tried to do that since it is a little easier to draw from 4 o'clock, but the grip then pointed out a bit. I keep scooted it over just a bit and now the grip lays flat against my back.

honkey said:
tomservo92 said:
That's close to where I carry my XD service. I carry it a little more toward my right hip (4 o'clock).

I tried to do that since it is a little easier to draw from 4 o'clock, but the grip then pointed out a bit. I keep scooted it over just a bit and now the grip lays flat against my back.

My White Hat holster does a good job of keeping the gun flat. Plus it has a nice cant to make drawing much easier. It wasn't cheap but I don't regret buying it.

Well I am glad you have no problems with the extended mag too! That may open up other possibilities later down the road if you feel you may need the extra heat :p

If you are carrying IWB, I can't recommend the Milt Sparks Ex Companion enough! I've been using mine daily since 1992 or 1993. It still holds secure, hides well and with the steel spring reenforced mouth it never is an issue to reholster. Was it cheap? No. Was it worth it? Yes... the best holster I have ever owned. I've carried this 4.5" barreled sidearm in 105F, 15F, and everything in between.

lol I am still on the hunt for a decent priced holster. Uncle Mike just ain't doing it...

Crossbreed Seconds has had a few Left Hand models but I am righty :(

I would just like to point out that carrying small of back is one of the most dangerous positions to carry. Not only is it very visible and easy for others to access when sitting, but if you are pushed down in a struggle/fight the gun can crush your lower vertebra and paralyze you. This isn't one of those internet rumors, many police officers and civilians alike have fallen victim to this type of injury. If it works for you, by all means do what works, but do be warned that it comes with a huge risk. Offsetting the gun to the right/left as tomservo92 said will give you a better shot at surviving a push/fall while giving you quick access to your firearm and decent concealability. Just some food for thought.

I found 4 o'clock to be optimum for me. Two was uncomfortable and three printed. I never even considered six for the reasons stated above.

When winter rolls back around I'm going to try a shoulder rig for when I'm wearing a coat or jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my two cents: the easiest pistol i carried was a Walther PPK in a Uncle Mikes IWB holster.
i used to own a Browning 'Baby' which was so easy to carry. I modified my jacket pocket to fit it and carried it for a few years. even had to pull and use it once on an attempted carjacking. it was a tiny pistol but the three shots i fired worked enough.

now i carry a Walther P88 compact in a Vega IWB holster.
either that or my M92FS in a custom made shoulder rig.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I would just like to point out that carrying small of back is one of the most dangerous positions to carry. Not only is it very visible and easy for others to access when sitting, but if you are pushed down in a struggle/fight the gun can crush your lower vertebra and paralyze you. This isn't one of those internet rumors, many police officers and civilians alike have fallen victim to this type of injury. If it works for you, by all means do what works, but do be warned that it comes with a huge risk. Offsetting the gun to the right/left as tomservo92 said will give you a better shot at surviving a push/fall while giving you quick access to your firearm and decent concealability. Just some food for thought.

What you state is exactly why I think open carry is preferable. Concealed is always a compromise, no matter where you stash it.

G29 10mm auto....not many pistols thicker, but concealing is all about the grip size.......Uncle Mikes IWB.

No one is getting this one

I have been talking with Mitch at "Keyhole Holsters" about getting one of his "Veteran Owned, American Made!" Leather and Kydex Hybrid Holsters. He is going to send me one for a review and to test out! This is essentially what it is going to look like...

It's set to be made and shipped next week!

Sorry it has taken so long to reply!
How long has it been now.. oh geez... Months and I have been carrying almost every day!
At work, out on dates with the Wife, to get groceries... I carry around the house...
Once the Leather is "broken in" and more easily conforms to your body this holster is amazing!! It, as any leather holster will, has minor signs of wear and tear. The finish from the gun has rubbed off onto the holster and some scrapes from the thumb safety but absolutely nothing detrimental to its integrity or ease of use.

I am looking for my camera to upload photos but can't find my SD Card >.< DOH!

Back