• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

Re: 1911: Pics and Discussion

Oh my dear lord..... what shall I do now... lol N82Tactical has some REALLY nice holsters! Cheaper then regular too!

Itsricmo said:
Thank you! Very good and informative! I am assuming that this means, LES only carries his 1911 Open Carry? I still may be misunderstanding his reason for sharing that :p I planned on carrying in the same manner, what good is an unloaded gun? :D

I'm always concealed, even with the OWB.

Pancake holsters like the CarryLok are easy to cover with a jacket, windbreaker, or even a t-shirt and secure the weapon up higher above your waist. My point was that I don't feel comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked 'n locked in an IWB holster. Between your body, a belt, and layers of clothing, there's too much opportunity for movement that could disengage the safety. Safety accidentally disengaged, bump the grip safety with your elbow, pressure applied to a light trigger and next thing you know YOU"RE the one that's half cocked...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Itsricmo said:
Thank you! Very good and informative! I am assuming that this means, LES only carries his 1911 Open Carry? I still may be misunderstanding his reason for sharing that :p I planned on carrying in the same manner, what good is an unloaded gun? :D

I'm always concealed, even with the OWB.

Pancake holsters like the CarryLok are easy to cover with a jacket, windbreaker, or even a t-shirt and secure the weapon up higher above your waist. My point was that I don't feel comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked 'n locked in an IWB holster. Between your body, a belt, and layers of clothing, there's too much opportunity for movement that could disengage the safety. Safety accidentally disengaged, bump the grip safety with your elbow, pressure applied to a light trigger and next thing you know YOU"RE the one that's half cocked...

OH! Okay, I certainly understand now! I have thought about that scenario, which is why certain firearms are still on my list to consider... I love the 1911 and have the one I want picked out, just every time I reflect to CCW I get a little concerned :( I have no knowledge or experience right now dealing with sidearms and concealing them or even carrying them in the open.. Leaving me kind of blind. You all have been more then extremely helpful, I'm still concerned how I would conceal it however

The CarryLok holds the weapon high on your waist with the grip at or just below the elbow.

You'd only need a shirt that dropped four inches or so below your belt to cover the holster completely...

There in lies the problem.. I wear medium shirts and they aren't too baggy, just as well they aren't exactly tight or form fitting but I think the 1911 would print in the summer... I guess I may have to consider getting used to Large shirts if I ultimately decide to CCW a 1911... The sacrifices we make, right? :)

Good move LES! Maybe some other users will have information for me as well! I know there are LOTS of 1911 owners around here!

Itsricmo said:
There in lies the problem.. I wear medium shirts and they aren't too baggy, just as well they aren't exactly tight or form fitting but I think the 1911 would print in the summer... I guess I may have to consider getting used to Large shirts if I ultimately decide to CCW a 1911... The sacrifices we make, right? :)

Medium?! Holy crap!

I haven't worn a medium shirt since I was nine, and even then it was medium husky. :lol:

I'm never too concerned about printing. We have an open carry provision here in TN, so printing isn't an issue...

lol yeah I have been in Mediums since my Junior Year of highschool lol I was starting to gain some weight when I started the RR but I have knocked it off recently, thank god :p

PA is open carry too but the 1911 would print, and I mean print like an HP InkJet lol I want to avoid too much obviousness that I am carrying. I know for fact that my local mall and walmart are anti-carry... they go with the flow of the rest. So if I can avoid printing by all means I am going too.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
When you say they're anti-carry, is it posted?

Walmart - - NO. But they have asked my father to leave or they would call the police.. it is law that if requested to leave, you comply and not be an idiot about it. He did the classic "crouch and show".. went to grab some rice or something off the bottom shelf and BAM employee and customer saw it...

Mall - - I believe it says "please refrain from carrying weapons into the building" but I haven't paid too much attention.. that is something I need to get into the habit of.

Tom, that is Nice!!

I've learned the habit of scouring the entrance to any public place before entering.

A few have caught me off guard lately by posting new "no carry" signs after recent events. I just turn around and head somewhere else. I carry in WalMart all the time and nobody's ever said a thing, but I am in a pretty gun friendly state though...

I knew I had photos somewhere! First one is with the subcompact, second with the Service.

me2aba2a.jpg

u2are2y8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've learned the habit of scouring the entrance to any public place before entering.

A few have caught me off guard lately by posting new "no carry" signs after recent events. I just turn around and head somewhere else. I carry in WalMart all the time and nobody's ever said a thing, but I am in a pretty gun friendly state though...

Same here. Walmart here is OK for carry here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Man.. PA is pretty firearm friendly and we are the ones that cannot carry in stores lol
I will probably give it a whirl regardless what firearm I end up with... :p

Tom, if I am correct, 4 o'clock would be slightly behind your right side, that holster looks awfully flat, does it flex to contour torso?

Itsricmo said:
Man.. PA is pretty firearm friendly and we are the ones that cannot carry in stores lol
I will probably give it a whirl regardless what firearm I end up with... :p

Tom, if I am correct, 4 o'clock would be slightly behind your right side, that holster looks awfully flat, does it flex to contour torso?

Yes, 4 o'clock is just behind the right hip. The leather flexes very well and quite comfortable.

tomservo92 said:
Yes, 4 o'clock is just behind the right hip. The leather flexes very well and quite comfortable.

I didn't know that was leather.. I need to open my eyes! lol I thought it was Kydex and to my knowledge, it doesn't bend very readily lol

Mike, that is freaking awesome! lol

Back