• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Converting a 50450: Sights and Stock?

GRV03

.22LR
Hello folks you may remember me from another threaf about 54303 and painting that hideous stock but I was looking at other options and found the #50450 18" barrel 20g bead sight with pistol grip for fairly cheap, $100 cheaper than the muddy girl mentioned above *but* i dont like bead sights nor pistol grip only

Reading here ive learned the 12g extendable stock from OFM also fits the 20g albeit with a lip. Anyone know by how much? If its an eighth or smaller i van manage but a quarter would be... Unfavorable.

As to sights ive read a front bead with rear sights can be a poor mans rifle sights. Thoughts? And are all 500's drilled and tapped so that i can cheaply install some fiber optic sights?

I don't personally like any sort of pistol grip stock with Mossberg shotguns because of the safety. But if you dig it, then go for it. But I have no idea how much it sticks out around the edges.

I believe the best and easiest way to do a fiber optic rifle type sights is probably with a vent rib. I think adding anything to the receiver would put the rear too high to work with the front. A vent rib works because it adds height to the front as well where a plain bead sits about 1/4" lower. But the receiver should be drilled and tapped.

Back