• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Count me In!

keep up the good work Rick ! been pumping out the shells myself......problem is I shoot them lol. But I am one of those rare gun owners that actually wants to be proficient with my firearms, especially the fighting ones. I shoot no lees than 200 per weekend, sometimes 500 so I really want to get off the single stage because it takes about 3 hours to load 200 .223...

Oli, I commend you for shooting that much. It sounds like the turret would pay for itself for your .223 loading alone! It's funny how I now find myself regularly looking for supplies for reasonable prices or better yet free brass. I loaded several thousand rounds last winter and even found myself taking resized 9mm brass on a work trip so I could prime them while watching tv at night. Longer and warmer days though are makes bench time hard to come by.

Oli, I commend you for shooting that much.
its a tough job lol, no I would do 1000 a weekend if I could. I need to rebuild my stands ....for the 4th time. I got a group into this now and its taking a toll on the stands but we have all become pretty decent at shooting, from cover, moving, reloading.... not bench shooting as much as possible. Also started integrating those silhouette targets into the barrier drills but cant tell if your hitting them like the steels...one steel per hole, two hits per steel and silhouette, scattered between 25 to 100 yards

takes quite a bit of 55gr shrapnel to do this

Oli, that is certainly impressive! I hope to eventually be able to shoot every weekend, if only 20 or so rounds from my '06 to be familiar and improve. I don't own any semi-auto's other than my wives Marlin Mod-60 so I really wouldn't want to shoot 200rnd of 30-06 haha

Currently on the hunt for brass as of today.. I may even buy a box of Federal Game-Shok for the brass. Grice's in Clearfield, PA, did have a large amount before I got my press, maybe I'll make a trip next weekend............. probably not with a kid but I can wish :3

Here is a question for you guys... I am rebarreling my action and what not, sort of a custom build off my Axis Long Action...
Its going to be a Medium Bull Barrel... here are my 2 options:

22" Fluted, no iron sights, 24-5/8 threads

OR

22" No Flutes, Iron Sights, 24-5/8 threads

I really need to take out my '06......probably been a year since I shot it :(

I don't mind going without irons on a good bolt gun with a good optic, no less than a Leupold . If I skimp on the optic I like iron sights for a back up. Good fluting is great, cut weight ,retain stiffness and cool faster......but it heats faster too

The problem I am having, is I want both Irons and Flutes... but it is going to be damn near impossible to get it to work out right.
I have been weighing the pros and cons for a few weeks now and I think I am going to just get irons and no flutes. I can have the barrel sooner, have back-up irons, get some QD scope mounts and voila! lol I have a Center-Point scope my wife bought me, its not your high end scope but lifetime replacement warranty and no problems so far... OKAY! :) Eventually, after I have everything together, I will probably get a better scope, I really like Vortex scopes, they have some nice models at a modest price!

Back