• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CT Fed judge upholds weapon ban

I read some of the ruling on the CCDL update I got. The "judge" also justified the ban because of fighting crime and for public safety. I don't recall the 2A as having any "except if" written into it. Maybe he thinks he's smarter than the Founder's.

“While the act burdens the plaintiffs’ Second amendment rights, it is substantially related to the important governmental interest of public safety and crime control.”
In other words, kiss your 2A goodbye.

I'm sure it will continue up the judicial ladder but after Obamacare was declared legal I have little faith in SCOTUS.

It is BS.

Judges today, particularly at the Federal level, are proving over and over to be immensely stupid.

I hope sanity prevails at appelate.

I know that owning a car is not a right, but this is like a judge saying that you can only own certain models of cars or only a red car.

I bet if a judge were to try to say that, there would be a huge outcry.

Yet, they can try to say that we can only own certain guns and that's OK?

BS

Owning guns are a right, not a privilege, not a convenience, not debatable.

carbinemike said:
“While the act burdens the plaintiffs’ Second amendment rights, it is substantially related to the important governmental interest of public safety and crime control.

Ironically public safety is never increased nor is crime decreased by these bills because criminals by definition don't care about the law.

Legislators can say what they want but it is all about control, period. If they truly cared for public safety and crime control that would start removing all the laws that protect criminals and prevent law abiding citizens from protecting what's dear to them. When People are told they can't have guns (deployable in a matter of seconds) but must rely on 911 (takes several minutes at best, hours at worst) there is something wrong.

I had faith is SCOTUS until Obama Care. Now not so much.

I had faith in SCOTUS until Kelo vs. New London, after that it's been up (Heller) and down (ACA).

God help us if some justices step down anytime soon, except for Ginsberg and Breyer who under Imperial Obama would merely be replaced with more of the same. Status Quo.

Things are getting so obscene in our nation when personal liberties are getting challenged and trampled. Grabbing here and there at seemingly tiny and infrequent conservative victories in the name of Liberty (because that is all we are occasionally allowed to rejoice in) is not enough to give me optimism.

Today, our very own society's weakened minds are proving again and again to be more destructive to our Republic than any Civil War, Great War, Economic Depression, World War, or racial injustice.

I wish we still had rep points because that post is certainly thought provoking enough to be worthy of a +.

So....this morning, I almost posted some obscene stuff. I had it on my phone and would shut it off after reading what I wrote up.....I still have notbing good to say about this that willnot give me a strike.

You know, the way things are going state by state, I wonder if there is a need for two separate countries now. The European nations are being forced together by the more powerful ones, while our once united country is trying to pull itself apart. Red states, blue states...and talk of a catastrophic economic collapse that will send the whole country into a tail spin.

But geography stands in the way. With Kalifornistan on one coast and NY/MD/CT on the other, there is no way to split it down the middle. Fifty independent countries wouldn't work either as we have seen in Europe...the powerful ones will encroach on the less powerful and we would end up back where we are now.

I need to stop typing...I'm making my head spin... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ripjack13 said:
So....this morning, I almost posted some obscene stuff. I had it on my phone and would shut it off after reading what I wrote up.....I still have notbing good to say about this that willnot give me a strike.

We need to have a "mulligan" forum in the Moderator section...that would help you feel better...

^^ OA, Dr. Arliss Loveless had this all figured out in the early-mid 1870's. Didn't you see the movie? Big mechanical spider, etc. ;) :D

GunnyGene said:
^^ OA, Dr. Arliss Loveless had this all figured out in the early-mid 1870's. Didn't you see the movie? Big mechanical spider, etc. ;) :D

Oh, yeah, great movie...LOL. Kinda short, wasn't he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jl66qaN.jpg

OhioArcher said:
GunnyGene said:

Oh, yeah, great movie...LOL. Kinda short, wasn't he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, didn't have a leg to stand on. :lol:

Back