• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dashcam > Middlefield, OH shootout ~ good outcome

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Here's the original TV newscast story with film clip, but it stops short of showing the final moments that were on video. Guess they wanted to avoid offending viewers with sensitive dispositions.... Watch this link first before reading on.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/297909 ... e-shooting

Accounts put the female officer (who was in her last day of FTO training with her partner) in the passenger seat and she exited the patrol car, walked around behind it and was approaching up the driver side toward the green Saturn. When the shooter exited, she saw the danger and retreated backwards, grabbing all the pavement she could behind the rear of the patrol car. This undoubtedly helped to save her life. She was hit in her left hand and had a partial amputation of her index finger. She was otherwise uninjured.

Her partner and training officer was in the drivers seat when the shooting erupted, and he unholstered and began to fire thru his windshield as the gunman moves to the center of the street to get a better line of sight on the female officer behind the patrol car.

In my opinion, this probably helped save this officer's life because the gunman might have thought it was just a one-man car and the female driver was out and walking toward the Saturn while the gunman never saw there was a second officer still behind the wheel. It took a while for the gunman to see the second officer and by then the FTO was out and had reloaded and was firing again. I don't have any proof of this and I've not read it anywhere but that is how I see it. You can see in the news video the nice double line of stiched bullet holes which I believe was made as the FTO tracked the shooter to his left and back to the right as he fired a magazine thru the windshield. You can also see what looks like gunsmoke on the far left edge of the screen but I think its actually blown out glass shards from the outgoing gunfire.

Now here is the UNEDITED tape version. Notice how the first mag dump from the FTO has some effect on the gunman. The FTO then exits and dumps another mag into the falling, and now prone and apparentluy lifeless body until he hits slide lock. It's just beautiful. But also notice that the white car backing out of the fire zone was right in direct line with the officers outgoing shots! Awesome shooting.

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-deale ... oting.html

There is no Monday Morning Quarterbacking here coming from me. Both officers went home alive and almost intact. The FTO has a slight shrapnel would in a leg from an AK bullet fragment coming off the screet. The female officer has pins in her hand but is expected to return to duty soon.

Did the FTO save his partners life? I think so. It is unknown but I don't think she got off a single round. Again, I'm just piecing this together to form my own thoughts without any real details of the whole thing.

BTW, both officers are really good looking young officers so I would like to add a couple pics of plus a short video of the two partners at a community awards ceremony recently held. Privately, I think she's really hot!

Officer Thomas on right

http://woio.images.worldnow.com/images/21633674_BG1.jpg

Officers Savage and Thomas

http://news-herald.com/content/articles ... 847394.jpg

Video of awards ceremony

http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/04 ... =fullstory

One last comment.....

Don't forget that putting your car in DRIVE and "punching it" is sometimes another good option, especially if you are also shooting the guy in the chest while closing the 20-foot distance!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, One More Comment:

They both went home and and the shitbag took a dirt nap. I just love a happy ending.

That's the way it ought to work. Bonehead jumps out in the middle of the street and dumps an AK mag at 2 LEOs shooting from the hip. Done shooting? Goodnight! May as well have been a suicide - too bad there were any injuries on the LEOs at all. I wish them a speedy recovery.

I saw the edited version on the news last night.

Wow, that was freaking intense.

The guy dumped a large mag and didn't score a fatal hit, not possible according to the anti-crowd. ;) I'm happy for this but it is an observation worth noting.

If the guy wanted death by cop he could of accomplished that without actually trying to kill them.

I think of things like this whenever people tell me they had a run in with a "prick cop". While there are bad apples in every bushel these men and women never know who or what may jump out at them at any time.

Good shooting by the officers who must have had the biggest adrenalin rush possible (and not not in a good way)

Fortunately the good guys won this one.

Thanks for finding the additional info and giving your analysis Nitesite.

Pretty incredible footage. Surprised it is on the Plain Dealer website. They are hardcore anti-gun. But on second thought, that makes sense. In their opinion, everyone with a gun will end up doing this. Glad the LEO's made it thru w/o any life threatening injuries.

Back