• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Disassembly!!! nightmare!!

sonnyamorales

Copper BB
Just disassembled/cleaned my new 715T and holy crap what a pain in the butt!!! getting the trigger/bolt assembly in/out of the housing just seemed to be a pain in the butt...

Probably will only break down after hundreds of rounds..

Couple quick questions:

My charging handle seems to have a lot of play, not sure if it was like this before i took apart or not. It charges and all, just seems like the handle itself is real shaky, male sense?

does the safety not click on unless you "charge" the gun? (this was like it before i took apart) so just wondering. If I charge it i can work the safety on and off, than say i dry fire it, i can no longer click the safety on..make sense??

sonnyamorales said:
does the safety not click on unless you "charge" the gun? (this was like it before i took apart) so just wondering. If I charge it i can work the safety on and off, than say i dry fire it, i can no longer click the safety on..make sense??

I noticed the same thing with my new 715T. Sometimes the safety button will engage, and sometimes it won't. I figured it is a result of the design and after reading your comment I'm even more convinced.

I haven't gotten my new rifle disassembled yet, so can you tell me if the rear sight falls loose when the two shell parts are separated?

The play in the charging handle is normal.

Also, the safety is designed to engage only when the hammer is back and the rifle is ready to fire...

thanks...just wanted to make sure i didnt screw anything up lol...now if this snow would let up i might actually get to shoot it!!

Back