• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dissassembly question

Mauser Dude

Copper BB
I have looked high and low and have not found a direct answer to my question. I recently bought my 590A1 new and have watched several videos of the tear down process. Looks straight forward and easy. But every video I have seen, shows with a standard butt stock. I have the adjustable stock. I went to remove the trigger assembly last night and found that the pistol grip is blocking its removal. I removed the pistol grip but that did nothing as it is just a screw attaching it to the stock assembly. Do I have to remove the spanner nut and remove the who adjustable stock to do a complete tear down? I assume the screw to remove the stock is behind the AR style buffer tube in the butt stock. Anyone with this stock, can you confirm?

Yes Sir, I'm afraid your assumption is correct.

With the pistol gripped stocks, removing the entire stock assembly is required in order to remove the trigger housing. Once you loosen the castle nut and unscrew the stock tube, the bolt for the stock adapter will be just underneath...

Ok thanks for that info. I like the adjustable stock and pistol grip for comfort as I have fired several shotguns ranging from the Remington 870 to the Mossberg 500, both with standard stocks and pistol grip stocks. I found the pistol grip to be the most comfy for my needs. I am not excited about having to remove the stock just to do a full tear down everytime. That is probably the big take away with having this stock. Some will also say the pistol grip also makes it harder to get to the safety but that doesn't really bother me so much. Again thanks for the info.

No problem.

I don't really mind the pistol grip either and can manipulate the safety just fine. For what it's worth I only do a full teardown on my pump guns about once a year (if that), which can typically account for upwards of 3000 rounds each. The rest of the time I just run a bore snake through the barrel and put 'em back in the safe...

Ok thanks for that info. I like the adjustable stock and pistol grip for comfort as I have fired several shotguns ranging from the Remington 870 to the Mossberg 500, both with standard stocks and pistol grip stocks. I found the pistol grip to be the most comfy for my needs. I am not excited about having to remove the stock just to do a full tear down everytime. That is probably the big take away with having this stock. Some will also say the pistol grip also makes it harder to get to the safety but that doesn't really bother me so much. Again thanks for the info.

Try a Magpul stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back