• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do Indoor Target Ranges Allow Shotguns?

What is the likelihood that I can shoot slugs or even less-than-lethal ammo (rubber etc) in an indoor shooting range?

If allowed, is it socially acceptable to do so around handgun shooters, or would a shotgun be too loud or distracting? I don't wan to be that guy.

I live in the KC MO USA metro area. A few indoor ranges around here. I haven't called them yet.

Just depends, ranges can have many different rules.

One indoor spot here in town doesn't allow shotguns at all. The other allows shotguns, but only up to 00 buck and no slugs of any kind...

Every range is different. The indoor range I go to only allows slugs & buckshot. Look at your ranges rules or ask staff.

The indoor range I go to used to allow members to fire shotguns (#1, #4, 00 buckshot and slugs) there all of the time. But then they changed it so you can only fire shotguns on the last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the month.

There are 2 ranges where I came from. Both allowed shotgun. Only one allowed slugs, and the other shot. Image my decision on where to shoot based off that knowledge.

Call them and ask.

I've never seen issues with hand gunners and shot gunners mixing.

I go to 3 indoor ranges in the area, and all are different for SG...
One allows slug and 00 only
The other allow all shells but no slugs
And the last, allows NO shotguns.

I would call to make sure as others have mentioned, or you can just bring them all and just bring in what they allow....:D

Get out and shoot something flying through the air.
Shotguns may look like rifles but they are poor replicas of them.
They shine at hitting flying targets with lead shot.
In my not so humble opinion. ;)

Back