• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do you wear Knee Pads

raven01750

.270 WIN
The last time I went out scouting, looking over an area for our upcoming deer season in October, I fell on some steep terrain and banged my left knee pretty bad. Bad enough that there are things moving and popping inside that didn't move and pop before.

It made me think that it might be a good idea to wear knee pads while I was hunting or out and about. The terrain I have to hunt is mountainous, steep and difficult. My best day would be to get a nice 120 lb hog or deer down by the river. My worst day would be get a nice 120 lb hog or deer down by the river because getting it back to an accessable area will take a couple of hours worth of hard ass work at least.

So, who wears knee pads?

Paul

I wear knee pads for working out in the garage and places that I know I will be getting up and down in.
I don't wear your typical knee pads, I wear Armed Workwear pants that have a removable knee pad, It may not be quite what you are looking for, But they are far more comfortable than your typical knee pads that tend to bind up behind your knee.
I know the owner, Real nice guy, I don't know if it would help to mention me(Brian Passey) or not, But they are very well made pants.
Best of luck

I think the military has something like that too. I have seen knee pad inserts on ebay but haven't looked for the pants that they go into yet. If somebody knows I would like to hear about it because wearing the ones with the elastic strap doesn't seem like it would be much fun.

Paul

I have two sets...one for working around the house and one set for hunting !!

Indespensible... ;)

raven01750 said:
I think the military has something like that too. I have seen knee pad inserts on ebay but haven't looked for the pants that they go into yet. If somebody knows I would like to hear about it because wearing the ones with the elastic strap doesn't seem like it would be much fun.

Paul

There are definitely military and tactical pants as well as Carharrts which can be worn with a removable knee pad. I've been looking into these recently to, my knees are also pretty well shot.

I have 2 pair as well. I got good gel pads. After 2 knee surgeries I am very careful with my knees. I also went to a seamstress and had a pair of pockets sewn in the knee of a pair of camo pants so I could put some padding in there. That way I was comfortable with the pants already and use my own pads instead of the garbage cheapies they offer with the store bought kind.

OK. After doing a little research, the pants are BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) style and they come equiped with the pockets for adding knee pads. The knee pads are seperate.

I would be intersted in your Gel pads. How much are they, where do you get them etc.

They have some commercial pants makers that make cargo pants styles but the pockets on the right leg would be useless to me because I wear a drop leg holster for my Walther. There seems to be a lot of different makers and types.

I guess another visit to my local ARMY/NAVY Surplus store is due.

Paul

I get the blue colored knee pads at home depot. The ones with ripples,then cit off the attachments ...

Only when I'm beggin' for sex... :lol:

Guess we'd better move this thread to Not Safe for Work...

=================================================================

SHOOTER13 said:
Only when I'm beggin' for sex... :lol:

Guess we'd better move this thread to Not Safe for Work...

=================================================================

Yup, thats why I started the Punch Lines thread in NSFW.

Back