• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Does storing your gun muzzle up impact the limbsaver?

Joe Rand

.22LR
Just added a limbsaver to my new 590a1 Magpul. Running out of room in the safe, so I have to store it on the butt against the safe wall. It's the only way to fit it in with the rest of the guns. Time to start taking guns out of their cases/boxes.

Will storing it with the weight on the recoil pad, compromise and reshape the pad. Thanks in advance, great forum.

I wouldn't think it would bother it much.

I used to be a really big fan of limbsavers but since they're now made with that softer rubber, they don't slide across the shoulder like they used to. They drag and hang and actually hinder seating in the shoulder.

No Problemos ! Tranquilo..

99.9% av people i know store their rifles muzzle up... if a buttpad could not take that, i would change the buttpad...

Last edited:
Yeah I think my OCD is making me over think this. It’s a shotgun for crying out loud. Besides, the hardest part was finding the screws to mount it. If it gets screwed up just bolt on another. Thanks guys for all your feedback.

I've had one on my Maverick for 4 years. Muzzle up the entire time. No issues.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Back