• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Donnie D's Gun Restoration Project Part 6

great job Donnie,and some great memories. thanks for sharing. :D

Good job bro....Sapele is a beautiful wood. I have a block of it around my shop.
I know you said you wanted to keep the dings n such in it. But on your next adventure you can use wood glue and sawdust from the material you are sanding to fill it.....that way it looks close to the wood you are working with. Or...mix sawdust and superglue in the hole or gouge you need to fill. Then sand it smooth.

I will go back and watch your series on this. I'm interested in the cold bluing method.

Thanx!!

ripjack13 said:
Good job bro....Sapele is a beautiful wood. I have a block of it around my shop.
I know you said you wanted to keep the dings n such in it. But on your next adventure you can use wood glue and sawdust from the material you are sanding to fill it.....that way it looks close to the wood you are working with. Or...mix sawdust and superglue in the hole or gouge you need to fill. Then sand it smooth.

I will go back and watch your series on this. I'm interested in the cold bluing method.

Thanx!!

Thanks RJ. You're right. I've used that method before, but this was a pretty wide and ugly crack and I was afraid it would still show up. But it works good most of the time.
Thanks,
Donnie D

Back