• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Drill & tap size

montazuma

Copper BB
Hello all, after six years of surgical and other medical procedures and my most recent I had a complete shoulder replacement which over more time I maybe able to use my Mossberg 600at, in anticipation of the ability to use it again I purchased a utg low profile pictinny/weaver scope mount for a red dot scope. A situation has come to my attention after all these years I got the shotgun out which according to the mount with screws are the same size as factory holes, my problem is my shotgun does not have factory drill and tapped holes! If anybody can tell me what the drill size and tap size along with thread count, so I can drill and tap myself :shock: thank you if somebody can help with my Delma.

I believe they are 8-40 but I would not bet my life on it. Hopefully someone else can confirm it.

You can try giving Havlin Sales a call, they could tell you for certain.

Thank you, I have left a message at the site you gave me. I tried to hear from Mossberg to make sure that the screws that came with kit are to screw right in to factory holes. I read all the reviews ( a piece of cake they all say ) it has been so long since I had the shotgun out to realize I do not have factory pre-drilled holes!

just remember you are working on aluminum. go nice and easy. :)
keep us posted.

Re: RE: Drill & tap size

A #29 drill should do the trick before tapping

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Back