• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Droid, Iphone, Blackberry Apps.

Re: Droid, Iphone Apps.

Looking into that pocket full of arms now!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Yep, but unless you're into programming your phones os to do things it can't normaly or sideloading apps if you have an AT&T phone, there isn't much point

Well..I just wanted to get rid of a bunch of apps I'm never going to use. And I can't do it manually because it won't let me. I might do it, I just need to look into it to see what the cons are going to be if do it.

There are no cons to rooting your phone, unless you do it wrong and brick it. If you don't know what 'brick it' means, it's exactly as it sounds. Making it into a useless brick that will never work again. I'd defiantly read up on a few tutorials and see if you feel comfortable doing it. It's not hard, it just involves doing things that are going to void your warranty and ruin any chance of having it replaced if you do mess something up. http://www.xda-developers.com is going to be your best friend in this journey.

EDIT: You can unbrick a phone in some instances, so don't take that to serious, but it's rare that you brick a phone just rooting it. It's usually flashing a new OS variant or special mods to it that will brick it.

Rossignol said:
I got the pocket full of arms! :D

i was using lock and load for incoming text emails ect but it was a bit to loud and thats when my wife rolled her eyes so i switched to sonar 1 and its subtle and there are two pulses may never switch from it

hahahhaaa :cool:

Good thinkin on the sonar! I'll have to try that...

I have some of the ones mentioned. I also have word feud, its like scrabble, lol, I'm such a nerd but I like games that make me think. if anyone has word feud, hit me up! my username on it is 4crazyHs

I'll check it out. I'm stuck on angry birds at the moment. I like figuring out how to do it in the least amount of birds. Even if I pass the level I'll replay till I get it in the fewest amount of birds.

What level are you on? I swear my 4 year old is better at angry birds than we are! Lol. He plays it on our TouchPads so he has a 9 inch screen.

I just started the carnival upheaval level, but I also just opened up golden beach ball level....

Mobile phone Apps: FFL Locator and more

Friends of ours at Huntgeek.com have developed some unique apps for iPhone and Droids. They have one that locates FFL Licensee's for when you are on the road. They have one for archer's arrow drop, Hunting property Mgmt. and one for fishing knots. Very interesting, take a look

http://www.huntgeek.com

Re: Mobile phone Apps: FFL Locator and more

Yes, thanks for the link Neil !

Sn3aKyGuY said:
There are no cons to rooting your phone, unless you do it wrong and brick it. If you don't know what 'brick it' means, it's exactly as it sounds. Making it into a useless brick that will never work again. I'd defiantly read up on a few tutorials and see if you feel comfortable doing it. It's not hard, it just involves doing things that are going to void your warranty and ruin any chance of having it replaced if you do mess something up. http://www.xda-developers.com is going to be your best friend in this journey.

EDIT: You can unbrick a phone in some instances, so don't take that to serious, but it's rare that you brick a phone just rooting it. It's usually flashing a new OS variant or special mods to it that will brick it.

Well..my commando got an update the other day. Rooting the phone is now not possible at the moment. So I'm sure someone will figure it out hopefully sooner than later. I really hate all the bloatware they have on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New apps I have...

Google Goggles is awesome.
Instant Heart Rate is useful and neat.
ColorNote Notepad Notes Kinda like iPhone notes but better because its on a Droid. ;)
Guitar: Solo Lite Use the Phone as a guitar. Changeable chords too.
Wheres My Droid Haven't used it yet....
RD3 Demo-Groovebox I just open it up, tap in some idea, save it and it's done.

I rooted my D2G, did a few modifications, use Go Launcher have Gorilla battery use it most all of the time. Upgraded mine to Gingerbread from Froyo.

Guns
Shotgun
Disaster Alert
Earthquakes
TapTalk
Office
Survival
All in One Calc
Lots of News and news and news
ZipCodes
Reverse Lookup
Scanner Radio
Survival
Live Scores
and the list goes on and on....

I currently have a blackberry. While the phone is awesome for email and texting, RIM has really missed the bus in terms of keeping up with everything else.

Anyone have any input on what you like and why?

Droid because it allows you so many more options in phones you can use micro sd cards and get more memory and you can change out a battery if you need to and droid is more open for customization. With Ios your stuck with one phone no options for screen size or even over all size of the phone and you have to take it to a apple store if it needs repairs.

I am an Android user but Apple has a very dedicated following, it's almost cultish IMHO, of course..........personally, I have never owned an Apple product and I don't plan to yet, if ever.

I've posted this question in a couple different places and the overwhelming response seems to be droid.

I think Apple makes good products but I don't like the closed architecture and I really don't like the fact that you have to load iTunes to upload anything to the phone. I'm also not to keen on the fixed memory size. Heck even my BB lets me swap SD cards.

Back