• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Eminem uses gunshot sound effects in outdoor performance

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
MSN.com link
Eminem is drawing criticism from festival-goers who were frightened and upset over the rapper's use of realistic gunshot sound effects during his headlining performance at Bonnaroo Saturday night (June 9).

Many fans screamed and ducked as a series of loud blasts rang through the crowd during Eminem's performance of "Kill You," from his 2000 album, The Marshall Mathers LP. The nervous reaction arrives at a time when concert-goers are on edge following the deadly mass shooting at last year's Route 91 country music festival in Las Vegas.
--- more at link ---​
I don't know what to think about this.
- It's art. Leave it be.
- Too much of a reminder of the Las Vegas Oct 1, 2017 shooting.
- Dogs get scared by loud noises.
- It would make me wish I hadn't gone to a venue where they search for EDC.
- Eminem sucks so bad I'm surprised he has any audience.

Anybody like me? I just don't go where there are crowds.
One man, one motorcycle, one road... Leave me the hell alone.

Was it in bad taste given current events? Maybe. But people like Eminem make their living on controversy.

Are people over reacting? Maybe

People have been conditioned to fear guns, gun images and gun sounds to the point where they have a breakdown whenever they are exposed to it.

Just more anti-gun conditioning of America.

Look at how the news is reported and clips are played ad nauseum. The media is conditioning people to think a certain way about guns and it
s not a lositive viewpoint.

We never see a clip of a good guy stopping crime with a gun played 50 million times after it happens, were lucky to see it once. But one bad shooting gets played on an endless loop. Whenever I watch the news I feel like I'm Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange.

Yup, Mike. I don't like banning people's art any more than I like it when they ban my guns.

It will be interesting to see how the liberals handle this. "I love MnM, but I hate guns... what ever shall I do?"

upload_2018-6-10_22-20-54.jpeg

I'm going to rephrase this better.

I have scraped stuff off of the bottom of my shoe that I like better than him.

Parroting white boys who descend into ghetto culture in order to make money do not impress me.

Now a white boy who lifted people up out of ghetto culture . . . By teaching them to make money legally . . . now that would impress me.

But Marshall Mathers is a sick puppy being used by the recording media to sell mind-numbing drivel to drug crazed fools. He didn't have a daddy around to tell him that when you lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

Now he makes his living by spreading the fleas around.

Will the real slim shady please shut up
Eminem is a putz. Sure he can rap,
But he hangs with sluts and
He hates on us Trumps because his game is gone and went
So now he's trying to make a controversy
but now all he can do is cry and vent
But what he really needs is a good ole
bitch slap when he steps up on his soap box to spew out his pie hole
Will the real slim shady please shut up
Did you really think your fans would show you no mercy
You dumbass kid.
You're no billy the kid, so,
dont be using gunshots in your show
Eminem, you suck so bad I'm surprised you still have an audience
They probably thought they were going to need an ambulance
Remember the Vegas shooting
Nah you're too busy with anti Trump tooting
Will the real slim shady please shut up, please shut up.....

Rap is for people who want to be famous but can't sing.

It's like rhythm music for the tone deaf: but that doesn't mean it's not an art form.

Paintings of dogs on black velvet was an art form & primitive cave paintings were an art form. Gluing macaroni to paper plates is an art form.

There's lots of art I just can't get excited about.

Back