• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Factory GRS replacement front sights?

Spanky

Hey all. Hopefully I'll be picking up my 590 from my FFL tomorrow (excited :D). As something to pass the time, I've been looking at accessories. Getting a Tritium sight intrigues me but I'm not sure what kind to get. My 590 is setup with the factory Mossberg ghost ring sights (not the XS style) and appears to have a replaceable/adjustable front dovetail sight. Has anyone else replaced this with a tru-glo or tritium style? I imagine you have to get the right height and style to fit.

Hey Spanky. I have looked into this before and would suggest checking it out too. It's made specifically for the Mossberg so it fits the existing dovetail and has the correct height. I really like the GRS. I can now get 4 slugs out of 5 into a chest size target at 100 yards. I don't think that's to bad for an 18 1/2 inch barrel smoothbore (although 5 out of 5 sounds better). Keep us posted how it works out for you. Enjoy and welcome aboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Mossberg-Night-Sight-Tru-Dot/dp/B0002INGOM

Back