• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Federal Personal Defense w/ FliteControl Wad

Sounds like Kyle's going to be getting in some LE133 (8 pellet reduced recoil) and LE127 in the next few days. He ordered from a new supplier so he's not sure when it will arrive, but he's going to shoot me a message when it arrives. I'll post up here when I hear from him. Get your credit cards limbered up. :D

EAINC said:
yup this ammo is awesome just picked up some at my lgs for 3.99 for a box of 5

Thats a pretty good price for retail!!! Anywhere I've ever seen it retailed, its been nearly $8! :shock:

I thought you guys might be interested in some more testing from this past weekend. I fired a few rounds of the Federal Premium Personal Defense Reduced Recoil with the FliteControl wad at 50 yards.

Here's what my first target looked like. Aiming COM with my 930 SPX I was able to put six of the nine pellets inside the white section of the torso target. Three of the nine pellets were off to the right of the head and shoulder area.

IMAG0178.jpg

Wow man, interesting to see that, even if off target, all 9 pellets are still on paper @ 50 yards!

Another thing of interest is the difference, and a point I try to make as often as it comes up; No 2 guns pattern identically with the same load. I have yet to put together a short video clip showing 50 yard patterns, but I do have it, and I'd say all 9 pellets are in roughly a 14" to 16" square. Not a tremendous difference than what you have showing, I'm guessing the silhouette to be about 20", and the space from the upper torso to the pellet in the head to be another 8 to 10".

ALWAYS pattern YOUR gun!

Rossignol said:
No 2 guns pattern identically with the same load.

Not to be argumentative, but just for fun ... I challenge you to show me a substantial difference in the FliteControl ammo between any number of guns at seven yards. :mrgreen:

I'll betcha they all look pretty much like this. :lol:

20110507_FC07.jpg

Mudinyeri said:
Rossignol said:
No 2 guns pattern identically with the same load.

Not to be argumentative, but just for fun ... I challenge you to show me a substantial difference in the FliteControl ammo between any number of guns at seven yards. :mrgreen:

I'll betcha they all look pretty much like this. :lol:

20110507_FC07.jpg

lol! Toby, you got me on that one! Yeah, pretty much a 1" hole! :D

You know what I'm sayin silly! ;)

But still, is there nothing this ammo can't do. :D

Not that I'm likely to shoot at 50 yards but, damn, that's pretty good.

Back