• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Feed issues with 930

ewaltert

Copper BB
Hello all,
I just recently shot my Mossberg 930 spx for the second time. I first shot it with some 3" shells with the stock barrel to help break it in. I don't remember having any problems except with some misfeeds. I figured it was due to the newness of it. I cleaned the shotgun after my first shooting session. My second shooting session was with a 28" bird barrel and I was skeet shooting. I was shooting 2 3/4" Federal or Winchester 8 shot shells. It seems that there were unshot rounds being ejected out the bottom where you feed the magazine. I shot about 30-40 rounds altogether. In that amount of rounds it might have dropped 6 or so. I don't remember how many. At first I didn't realize that it was my 930 that was losing the shells. I was between a couple of other shooters with 870's. The other thing that I noticed was that after pushing a shell up into the magazine, sometimes I could see more of the "brass" part of the shell. Sometimes the bottom would be in the magazine farther than at other times. I really like the auto loader. I had a 500 until recently and the 930 is what I was looking for in a shotgun. I've seen some people having problems with the 930's when they first came out. I certainly hope Mossberg is getting the quality up on their products. I like Mossberg and don't want to have to look at other manufacturer's.

Bumping this to get some other feedback.

I'm not sure what the exact cause of the issue would be here. Hopefully somone else had experienced of seen this issue.

You said you cleaned it out, did you do a thorough cleaning? I had to clean a lot of grease out of mine when I got it to get it to work properly.

Back