• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally got to shoot the JM..

Ive been wanting a JM Pro 22” for awhile and finally found one on sale for $529 brand new shipped online. I’ve been doing research online and saw almost issues people had were with the older models. This one was manufactured in Dec. 18 to Jan. 19 I believe. Got in about 5 days, paid my $10 to my FFL and went home. Excited I took it out of the box. Got dummy rounds loaded up and checked cycling and then there was a problem. The rounds would not feed into the chamber and the bolt would not lock back with no rounds in it. Now I’m pissed and think I made a huge mistake. Didn’t know what to do. So I broke it down and removed the trigger assembly also. Put everything back together correctly and then everything worked perfect. Back to be happy but the true test is firing it. Finally took it out 2 days ago. Fired roughly 120 rounds. Slugs, 00 buck, #4 shot, #6 shot, #7 1/2 shot, and #8 shot. Everything cycled and fired without a hick up. Tried some #8 shot, low brass, 1100’ velocity and had no problems cycling at all. Needless to say I was very happy. It’s my first semi auto shotgun and I love it. Now after all that I will say the gun is not stock. I have OR3GUN spacer tube and follower. And I’ve done some polishing to some parts as well. Anyways sorry for the long introduction Just wanted to say hello and I love this gun and now I want to get the SPX next.

Glad to see that it works.

Many people have a love/hate relationships with semiauto shotguns. You either love them, or you hate them. There is no middle ground.

I can understand why. When they don’t run it can be extremely frustrating. I was nervous before I shot it from all of the horror stories.

The 930 is a decent semi shotgun. It has a simple, straight forward design.

The 930 is a good base platform. For people who don't shoot a lot keeping up with maintenance and cleaning keep the shotgun running. I know people who have run well over 12,000 shells through their shotguns, but they are often quite heavily modified. Or3Gun, and SBE Precision products aftermarket parts get the shotgun up to another level of performance, reliability, and significantly extend the gas system maintenance interval.

Back