• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally....Model 500 Cruiser .410 in the safe!

A few years ago, I stumbled on a 12ga Cruiser JIC model. Got to shoot it a couple of times but the recoil and the pistol grip were too much to handle for these old carpenter hands. Started searching for the .410 model that was said to be available, but didn't find one anywhere. Wound up making one out of a model 505 youth with a 20 inch barrel [vented] and grafting on a model 500 pistol grip. Wasn't ideal, but it worked OK. A few weeks ago I saw one at a gun show and wound up ordering one thru my gunsmith and now I have the real deal. The Cruiser .410 is an 18" barrel pistol grip version of the pump that holds 5 rounds + 1. Low recoil!

So glad I never stopped looking...turns out they were out of production for a long while. They are back in now for awhile so if anyone wants one, get it now before they run out again!

A few years ago, I stumbled on a 12ga Cruiser JIC model. Got to shoot it a couple of times but the recoil and the pistol grip were too much to handle for these old carpenter hands. Started searching for the .410 model that was said to be available, but didn't find one anywhere. Wound up making one out of a model 505 youth with a 20 inch barrel [vented] and grafting on a model 500 pistol grip. Wasn't ideal, but it worked OK. A few weeks ago I saw one at a gun show and wound up ordering one thru my gunsmith and now I have the real deal. The Cruiser .410 is an 18" barrel pistol grip version of the pump that holds 5 rounds + 1. Low recoil!

So glad I never stopped looking...turns out they were out of production for a long while. They are back in now for awhile so if anyone wants one, get it now before they run out again!

Hate to be a killjoy...but pics or I'm afraid it didn't happen!!;)

Nice. I looked at a 410 field model at Walmart a couple weeks back and almost bought it.

Back