• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finished my M590A1

Sinkhole

Hey all. So I finally got all my parts in and have gotten my M590A1 pretty much finished. It started life a Model 51411 M590A1. The 1st thing I did was add the TruGlo Fat-Bead Dual-Color front sight. I like bead sights as they are fast but hated the OEM black one. Next I added the Magpul MOE & SGA. I hated the LOP on the OEM stock so it had to go. It was way to long for a tactical shotgun. I also picked up a single rail section to mount an light. I currently threw on a TLR-3 till I can get an Inforce WML (it's on the Christmas list). I then pre-ordered an S&J Hardware +2 extension, which finally came today. While I was waiting for the extension to show up I picked up a couple more Magpul pieces to finish it off. I got the SGA Receiver Sling Mount, Forward Sling Mount and an MS-3 Gen 2 Sling. Well now I got it all together and finished. Man I love this gun.

IMG_00051-2.jpg

IMG_00041-2.jpg

IMG_00031-1.jpg

IMG_00011-1.jpg

very nice book stick.

Suggestion... light

I'm rocking a tritium front sight so I know where the bead is in the dark

have you fired it yet? I ask the question because I put a magazine/barrel clamp on my 930 SPX and it moved like a mofo with slugs and 00 Buck coming out of it. Scratched the barrel and magazine extension all to hell.

very nice book stick.

Suggestion... light

I'm rocking a tritium front sight so I know where the bead is in the dark

have you fired it yet? I ask the question because I put a magazine/barrel clamp on my 930 SPX and it moved like a mofo with slugs and 00 Buck coming out of it. Scratched the barrel and magazine extension all to hell.
Just put the forward sling mount on today. I have not had a chance to fire it yet, though I have not heard of anyone having that issue with the Magpul forward sling mount. As for the light you mentioned, like I said I am currently running a TLR-3, I have to wait to see if the wife gets me the Inforce WML i asked for for Christmas.

I like your slightly modified shotgun very much. Good job.

Am I the only one here who cringes whenever they open a thread about somebody's brand new shotgun that that have just modded? Like you're going to see a train wreck?

Well, this gun ain't one of them. Sinkhole got it right.

Nice job Sink
Something you might want to add to the MagPul forend to make it more "grippy"

These are called "MagGrips" and I got them from Amazon for about $13

91Cq9W3-wJL._SL1500_.jpg

If you decide to add them, be aware that it takes a bit of work to do it properly. You can't just stick them on. You need to apply each pad, one at a time, and then use a heat gun to soften up the glue and pad and then hold each one in place till it cools. It worked very nicely on mine and I am liking the mod very much.

Another "personal experience".... excessive rubber gripping may be great for limited use. But if you do extended usage I advise wearing gloves. My 590A1 came with that aggressive ridge type forend and I got blisters on my palms. Switched out to the Hogue forend and still got blisters.

But when I go shotgunning I'm going through 150-200 rounds of varying loads, doing elevation changes, load drills, slug select drills.

I've been looking at those. Are they a rubbery finish?

Yes, but a fairly stiff rubbery feel. Hard to describe except that they provide good grip and do not give you the feeling they will ever wear off. And -- IMO -- these pads kind of finish off the looks of the forend. Now that I know they exist, going back and looking at pictures of the stock MagPul forend -- it looks kind of bare or something.

Welcome to the Mossberg owners Forum WJR !!

Stop by the New Member Welcome Area and post a few syllables about yourself...

Back