• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First 715t Owner, Simple questions!

ryand63

Copper BB
So I just purchased my first 715t, flat top with iron sights. These are probably pretty simple questions for you all, but I couldn't find real experiences/suggestions for these two particular questions. First off, I heard that the sights lose their "zero" after taking it apart to clean. So I'm wondering, how do you keep it sighted in without shooting it everytime and having to sight it in. I'm thinking if you need it real fast in a hurry and didn't have time to sight in, how would you make sure it's very accurate straight from the safe/closet after you cleaned it?

Second question is does anyone have a solid way to clean it then, without fully taking it apart so that the sights don't need to be sighted in again?

I know these are probably dumb questions, but just looking for feedback.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.

I don't own a 715t but I'm sure one of the other members will chime in and be able to help you.

There are no dumb questions here at MO.

Enjoy.

So I just purchased my first 715t, flat top with iron sights. These are probably pretty simple questions for you all, but I couldn't find real experiences/suggestions for these two particular questions. First off, I heard that the sights lose their "zero" after taking it apart to clean. So I'm wondering, how do you keep it sighted in without shooting it everytime and having to sight it in. I'm thinking if you need it real fast in a hurry and didn't have time to sight in, how would you make sure it's very accurate straight from the safe/closet after you cleaned it?

Second question is does anyone have a solid way to clean it then, without fully taking it apart so that the sights don't need to be sighted in again?

I know these are probably dumb questions, but just looking for feedback.

Thanks!

I have no idea why Mossberg designed an AR-style .22lr that's so labor intensive to break down. I am sorry I didn't investigate the breakdown process before I bought my 715-T carry handle model, but that said it is a lot of fun to shoot.

I just break it completely down after every range session and live with it, which is a lot easier to do since I own two 25-round magazines that work great with a number of good ammos.

Back