• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First impression was a work in progress

Like many others I had ftes ftfs from the first shot. I didn't look at it negatively. Ive had many lemons from the beginning but they can all be improved. So I started with the bolt. I polished all the chatter marks of the bolt and smoothed the edges with 1200 grit sandpaper. Shot a hundred rounds and decided the mag was causing the few remaining feed issues. So I took apart the mag and looked it over repeatedly. Then it hit me. The follower was cut like a block. In order for the follower to smoothly operate it needs to have rounded edges so that it can move the entire length of the mag flawlessly. So that's what I did. I took my 1200 grit sandpaper and rounded over ever edge and corner of the follower and polished the mouth of the mag. Needless to say it shoots amazingly now and has no issue handling rapid firing. I highly recommend that you do not glue the spring and follower together. The follower is supposed to move freely and not allowing it to can damage your gun or ammo

Back