• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First shots, Hogue 12"

Amd6547

Copper BB
I have had a Revelation Western Auto Mossberg 500 for about 20yrs...I pulled it from the bottom of a pile of used security company shotgun. All were beat up looking and mine was the only Mossberg...
Price was $75.
Over the years, I have spent more than that for accessories, as I tried various configurations
The barrel had been shortened to 18" from a longer C-Lekt-Choke by the former owners. At some point, I picked up a Mossberg heat shield cheap, and that's on there solid.
Latest addition is the Hogue 12" LOP stock set. I have had the Hogue forend on for a long time, and love it.
I got a deal on the 12" Buttstock recently, and finally got chance to try it yesterday.
My rifle club has a 25yd sight in dirt bunker next to the 100yd range, and I used that to shoot some buckshot.
S&B #4 and 00 and a few Hornady Varmint #4 with some Winchester #4 for comparison sake. About 25rds altogether.
Overall, I liked it a lot. It wil take some more shooting to make it second nature, but I found the short stock to handle well. I even rapid fired a mag full as fast as I could run the pump and get on target, and had no problem.
I was wearing a thin fleece under a leather jacket, and combined with the Hogue recoil pad, recoil really wasn't an issue.
As I said, I've tried a lot of different setups with this Revelation. I think I'm going to keep it like this.

Sounds like a great setup. You get a chance post a pick or two.

Thanks for the review.

I run the Hogue 12" on two of my Mossbergs and like them a lot. I only had one issue in the beginning, in catching my thumb with my cheek bone when I wrapped my thumb over the stock. Adjusted my grip a bit and it's been great since...

I have to fix my laptop before I can put up some pics...it developed an issue where it won't let me log on.

BTW, I like #4 buck, and the Hornady Varmint express may be one of the best...it uses the VersaTite wad.

Back