• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Flex" 590A1 Marinecoat Shotgun/Case Combo - Anyone buy one of these?

st1264

.270 WIN
Price is a little steep, but I believe this is a new gun/case combo 590A1 Flex (can't find it on Mossberg's website though). Don't know much about the Flex series but I've been looking for a 590A1 Marine for a little while. Unsure if I should wait for the regular Marine version or pay extra for the "Flex" versatility and case. What do you guys think?
Moss51274.png

Last edited:
First time seeing this model...

Nice setup...if you want a Marinecote model...this will have the added versatility of the FLEX system.

I've never encountered the Flex System. Anyone try it before?

Looks like a newer style forend in the pic...

I've never encountered the Flex System. Anyone try it before?

Looks like a newer style forend in the pic...

It is more than likely a matching Flex foreend. I haven't handled one so I can't comment. I DO like the way the stock can come off and fit the package into a bag--that is a "handy" feature. If you wish to enlighten yourself on the Flex I found a couple videos: VIDEO1 VIDEO2 LINK

I would be interested to know how "loose" the system is, and if it is really noticeable. I can see the switch from PG to 6pos stock in an HD sitch would be handy, and the easy buttpad replacement, but I wouldn't tolerate looseness in a hunting gun...

I have the flex and love the ease of the interchanging parts. Mainly from 6position to std stock.
Not feeling the marinecote much, as I prefer a matte/blued finish. but that is a different forend than mine came with.
I do like the carry bag. Wish mine came with one but bought a std case for her though,

I have the flex and love the ease of the interchanging parts. Mainly from 6position to std stock.
Not feeling the marinecote much, as I prefer a matte/blued finish. but that is a different forend than mine came with.
I do like the carry bag. Wish mine came with one but bought a std case for her though,

My question about the Flex system is: How much play is there in these 'quick release' connections? Is the stock as solid as a fixed one that's bolted on?

No play what so ever.
I'm sure if you didn't know it was detachable you could not tell.
It's on there just as good as a bolt on stock, even though it is a quick release.

Last edited:
Back